Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-08-2011, 08:13   #1

Boat: Beneteau 411 celebration- 41'7"
Cooker Suggestions, Please !

I am not sure which category to put this in but as it's cookery based think this is best! I am looking into new cookers does any one have any suggestions ie Eno gascoigne any good or levante I am in the uk we will be cruising around soon so need it to adaptable to gases and cheap ( ish ) for parts..... I enjoy cooking so would like to be able to do bread etc..... All suggestions welcome!
Sacrebleu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2011, 11:22   #2

Re: Cooker suggestions please!

We have an older version of Open Sea 2 burner. I bake and roast quite a bit and find this oven usable enough. It doesn't have a thermostat so it takes some heat adjustment [and tries ] to get the temperature right. Heat distribution is good enough.

I do bake breads (white, multigrain, etc) and find it usable enough. It's not hot enough to get a deep golden crust on white bread. The bread turns out good with crunchy and golden crust, just not *deep* golden enough.

Not sure but looks like all Eno ovens show similarly good performance. Would suggest getting one with a thermostat.

Happy planning!

Next time I would get
Katiusha is offline   Reply With Quote