Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-01-2017, 16:09   #46

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43 and OPBs
Re: BEST HANGOVER MEDECINE

Quote:
Originally Posted by normdeeley View Post
He's called the designated driver.
No he's called a wowser.
StuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2017, 16:14   #47

Boat: wanting a cat

I was out with friends the other night and had a few too many, so the prudent thing was to take a taxi home. Left my car at the bar. Sure enough, a DUI roadblock up ahead, they waved me right through being a taxi and all.

Funny thing is, I had never driven a taxi before, now I have this taxi in my driveway and I really need to get the damn thing out of here.

Anybody want a free taxi in DFW?

meatservo
meatservo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2017, 16:23   #48

Boat: Tayana V42 - Passages

A greasy double cheeseburger.
Old 18-01-2017, 16:34   #49

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Fiberglas shattering 44' steel trawler

OK, we're back to the brain. Yes, the hair of the dog eases a hangover because it reverses the process, which is the symptoms of alcohol withdrawal. But, you can do pretty well by reversing some of the other symptoms. One reason for cortical irritation (that restless sleep and headache) is dehydration - alcohol is a diuretic, so you're bound to be short. Drink lots of water before going to sleep, and more every time you wake up. Glug the stuff. Second is blood surgar, as mentioned above. Eat lots of carbs and the diet be damned before and after sleep. On the anaglesic side, stay away from aspirin, because this is not a good time for stomach irritation and possible bleeding. Never use a prescription anaglesic (hydrocodone, etc.).

Then, the really serious stuff. Never mix serious alcohol with tranquilizers (ativan, valium), antidepressants, or sleep aids. The synergistic interaction between many psychotropic medications and alcohol is unpredictable, even in the same person. One time, fine, another time, dead. I had a friend who was using sleeping pills to help him avoid hangovers. For several years he slept through the worst of them, and then one morning he was found dead sitting in a chair in his kitchen.
tkeithlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2017, 16:45   #50
cruiser

Boat: Kettenburg K40

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpride View Post
BEST HANGOVER MEDECINE ??? Sex of courseee!!!!
Har har matey, thats what ye wench hag told me last time she was by...................

joke joke...........

ur2slo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2017, 16:46   #51
cruiser

Boat: Kettenburg K40

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatservo View Post
I was out with friends the other night and had a few too many, so the prudent thing was to take a taxi home. Left my car at the bar. Sure enough, a DUI roadblock up ahead, they waved me right through being a taxi and all.

Funny thing is, I had never driven a taxi before, now I have this taxi in my driveway and I really need to get the damn thing out of here.

Anybody want a free taxi in DFW?

meatservo
Now that's funny.........
ur2slo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2017, 20:07   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailmonkey View Post
Naples Florida, surrounded by a bunch of Western Red Cedar
Kind of creepy comment. For what's it's worth the cedar, I can only guess your referring to the project I had listed here for sale, it and the wrc are gone. I get to focus my time and money on finishing up on my Kadey Krogan 38 cutter. Hopefully in the water early this spring. Im rather taken back with the response to my comment about people drinking and where the limits might be before you have a problem. I'm simply stating the facts regarding one of the number one causes of premature death, via medical consequences and or accidental. Not judging or attacking anyone. I suppose those who respond angrily are the ones with the problem. Maybe I hit a nerve. My apologies. Again your comment about me and my past postings really is pretty creepy. Hopefully sideways communication is not a pattern for you.
normdeeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2017, 20:17   #53

Dude,

If you hang out here, let it roll of your back like rainwater, be a duck. That can be a sensitive subject touching a nerve for some people.

You expressed your opinion, and as many people that were offended or pissed off, there were probably many that agreed with you but do not post.

If you are going to contribute here, and it is much appreciated, grow a pair and don't go snowflake on us....

Warmest Regards,

meatservo
Old 18-01-2017, 20:47   #54

I don't know what "GFY" means, but no offense intended...

Just know that in a public forum like this, which compared to the few that I subscribe to, this is pretty tame...

meatservo
Old 18-01-2017, 20:59   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatservo View Post
I don't know what "GFY" means, but no offense intended...

Just know that in a public forum like this, which compared to the few that I subscribe to, this is pretty tame...

meatservo
It means ..Go F yourself........not nice
Old 18-01-2017, 21:06   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by normdeeley View Post
I appreciate your initial comments regarding posting here. Thanks. As to your assessment regarding my pair and snow fall, GFY! Clearly my post pressed some nerves from the drunkards. Not my intention, I get it. But there's an element of hostility here and references regarding my past posts that's disturbing. But it is what it is. Theres JO's wherever you go.
Proceed at your own peril, you have bigger issues than this forum can address,
be a dick, see where that gets you...

GFY....have a nice day!

meatservo
Old 24-01-2017, 02:52   #57

Pedialyte very cold.
t3c9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2017, 21:10   #59

Boat: Truant Triad 37 Cutter-Alaska, Leopard 40 Cat, Bahamas
Re: Best Hangover Medicine

I am sure this will shock a lot of the people here, but one morning I woke up in Key West Harbor feeling a little "over served" and figured I had possibly drank a bit too much. After about 20 minutes of rocking in the waves and feeling like a rototiller was crunching it's way down and across every neuron in my central nervous system, I decided to try and take a walk. I got as far as the end of the pier, sat down, and there was all the harbor gunk that had congealed into it's foamy, floating stinking mess right there at my feet, just begging me to look at it long enough to wretch all over my shoes.

I was about to complete that process when my ex-wife came through in one of her best, shining moments and gave me a bottle of Jamaican ginger beer, which I had never had until that moment. Very skeptically, I took a sip. Okay, that went well. took a few more, and got the whole bottle down.

In less than five minutes, I felt better. Not just slightly better. I swear I remember feeling as though I could right then, get up and run a full marathon. No kidding, I was just completely, perfectly, unhungover that fast. Since then, I have not only mastered the art of ginger beer techniques, but the best drink you can have is a Dark and Stormy. That is Gosling's black seal rum on ice, with real ginger beer poured over it, and about a half lime squeezed in. Perfect!

The only other thing that works for me is coconut water. But ginger beer is way more fun!
seahag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2017, 21:36   #60

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: None at this time
Re: Best Hangover Medicine

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpride View Post
BEST HANGOVER MEDICINE ??? Sex of courseee!!!!
Ah yes, hangover lust. I remember it well.

Double Caesar and a big cheeseburger work well for the hangover.

As someone else pointed out, abstinence works very well and you don't need to spend a bunch of money on the Caesar and cheeseburger. And I'm sure your partner will appreciate it too.
DeepFrz is offline   Reply With Quote