Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-06-2008, 15:47   #31

Boat: Nomoboat -- yay Gustav ;)
Send a message via AIM to drew.ward
This is making me hungry too!

In Louisiana we have a little different take on barbecue (well I guess we tend to have a different take on everything

Our version is prolly a lot older and ends up as a combination of cooking techniques from France and the Carribean combined with contributions from early German settlers.

Everything's slow cooked like in Texas and we rarely grill anything except hamburgers and hot dogs. The meat is usually cooked slowly over indirect heat (normally smoke from an attached firebox) and then finished with sauce at the end.

My Great Grandfather actually invented the whole injector deal which seems to have caught on across much of the US now. It's pretty common here to either marinate the heck out of meat or inject it with spices or garlic or what have you.

We rarely do a one meat barbecue like in NC or Texas. Usually the main meat here is barbecued chicken or brisket or ribs, but there will usually be at the minimum sausage along with that.

And for us the barbecue menu has to include all the fun extras. Usually here it's barbecued beans (like a spicier tangy version of baked beans), dirty rice, potato salad and or coleslaw, and always garlic bread.

ok...now I'm hungry!

drew.ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2008, 15:46   #32

beautiful quote!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maren View Post
When I first read the title, my reaction was "OOH! Barbecue!" ... then it turned to "Oh. A grill."

The Word, by which I mean Barbecue can inspire a certain group of us. Properly made it heal torn friendships, bring former sworn enemies together and is, on occasion, used as not-implausible proof of a divine creator of the Universe. Like the potato in Ireland, it at one time had the reputation of being an aphrodisiac.

Careful, man. I know you didn't mean it; I know you are a really good guy. But you playing with some pretty tender feelings here.

im going to go w my catalina magma grill. after 3 years i have had 0 problem. although some parts rust away (nothings perfect) the customer service rocks.

cheers
CHARGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2018, 00:51   #33

Re: BBQ! (which one?)

Yes, I think so. Thank you.
Old 26-09-2018, 01:21   #34

Boat: Lagoon 400S2

Checkout the Weber product range.
I like them, both the charcoal and the propane types.

We have a propane Weber Q120 on board, with the bottle hose kit, so we do not need the small cartouches any more.
CatNewBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2018, 02:32   #35

Boat: Milkraft 60 ex trawler

Built in Weber q for us.
A 9kg gas bottle takes up a lot less space than the equivalent amount of energy in charcoal.
Plus its a hell of a lot cheaper.
Simi 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2018, 07:34   #36

Boat: Colombia Cc 11.8

As far as mounting I have a table type post connected to my stanchion that's bolted to the bottom of my grill. ideally you would have a through bolted base somewhere on your deck that's out of the way. Also most of the rail mounts can be turned sideways to be stanchion mounts.
And if you don't have stanchions you could Mount one specifically for your grill. with the arm putting it farther out over the water if you want to go with charcoal.
sparrowhawk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2018, 17:46   #37

Boat: 1969 30 Mariner Sedan Cruiser

A group never mentioned in BBQ circles, the real BBQing, not the phony type, are First Nation (Canadian Indigenous Indians) and American Natives. Long before Texas was a sperm cell Indigenous Natives BBQ'd the long method as in many many hours.
rsn48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barbecue