Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-03-2012, 04:34   #106

Re: Any Preppers ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagoon4us View Post
Manson or Delta? Scope??? Too many decisions!!!!
damn the scope - buy as much chain as you can fit - and chuck it all out -
I got a Rocna
Old 07-03-2012, 04:42   #107

Boat: Ohlson 38

1918 flu pandemic
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The pandemic lasted from June 1918 to December 1919,[3] spreading even to the Arctic and remote Pacific islands. Between 50 and 100 million died, making it one of the deadliest natural disasters in human history.[4][5][6][7][8] Even using the lower estimate of 50 million people, 3% of the world's population (which was 1.86 billion at the time[9]) died of the disease. Some 500 million, or 27%, were infected.[5]
Old 07-03-2012, 04:43   #108
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Murray 33-Chouette & Pape Steelmaid-44-Safara-both steel cutters

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllezCat View Post
sounds great - Would like to do that - and onto Iceland.
Maybe this summer (<10%).
But, probably won't get past Montauk...
It is, wonderful scenery and people. The food? Ech!

Weather is generally not as bad as imagined.

AND you can get to go to France if you do St Pierre.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:03   #109

Hmmmm, pretty OT by now, LOL, but expected that too, can you sink a water tight container with your stuff to be retrieved later? Maybe a hard plastic type and anchor it down...? Make sure zombies would not trip over it....
Old 07-03-2012, 05:04   #110

I'm not a prepper or a nut but with what is going on recently I dont blame them for getting ready. After doing quite a bit of research over the last month or two its quite worrying whats is happening, The americans, Brits, and other so called NATO allies have been amassing troops and destroyers and nucleur submarines all around Siria/Iran ready to wage war once again on other countries. China has already warned its people to get ready for a war with America and Russia has said that any hostlity towards Siria they will not tolerate and act accordingly.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:18   #111

Boat: Rhodes Reliant 41ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cooks View Post
I'm not a prepper or a nut but with what is going on recently I dont blame them for getting ready. After doing quite a bit of research over the last month or two its quite worrying whats is happening, The americans, Brits, and other so called NATO allies have been amassing troops and destroyers and nucleur submarines all around Siria/Iran ready to wage war once again on other countries. China has already warned its people to get ready for a war with America and Russia has said that any hostlity towards Siria they will not tolerate and act accordingly.
Question is--where they gonna spend the money?
Old 07-03-2012, 05:32   #112

Boat: Buccaneer 240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaduction View Post
Wouldn't it be great if the entire world population were of the same Religion and the same Political system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Old_Jersey View Post

You know you've got trouble when these folks turn up:-

I seem to recall something about those 2 scenarios going together. Lets see... one world religion and one world government. Oh, How about if we all start using the same currency?

Scott
Old 07-03-2012, 05:36   #113

Boat: Ohlson 38

Here is an article that paints a more realistic, but no less disastrous scenario, in the case of a temporary, but prolonged, oil shortage.

I'll be raiding the shore from my pirate boat

What Would Happen if Oil Supplies in America Suddenly Dried Up?

Old 07-03-2012, 05:45   #114

Quote:
This is really about prepping in the forum, not politics, but I must comment. After doing your research, where did you research that China is warning its citizens to get ready for war? Exactly what was the announcement?

Do we have a presence in the area...there is not an area of the world we are not in, but mosre so as to the threat of shutting down world shipping by Iran.

Russia acting accordingly is not necessiarly launching nukes, they might raise heck politically, but they are not going to launch a war against the US over such an issue, so long as we don't try to steal their oil.

It just sounds like IMO, that such statements are pure speculation based on information from the uninformed or those with an agenda. No one here to my knowledge is in a unique position of really knowing what plans might be....

But such does motivate people to prepare for the unknown and unforseen.

So, how do you prepare for the unforseen?
Old 07-03-2012, 05:49   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginia boy View Post
Here is an article that paints a more realistic, but no less disastrous scenario, in the case of a temporary, but prolonged, oil shortage.

me too - but not for oil
Old 07-03-2012, 05:59   #116

Waveracker as I said its just my opinion but just type in google a search and there's lots of articles about china telling its navy to prepare for war( sorry I said people). As for Russia its there last air defence base in siria so I wouldn't think they would like to lose that to anyone else, the media is keeping alot of this under wraps as usual.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:03   #117

Boat: Ericson, 28+
Send a message via Skype™ to Gelfling

Quote:

VA Boy...that was an interesting article. Being in the NoVA area, you probably aren't seeing the job shortages like the rest of VA has seen, but due to the job shortages in Central VA (and most likely other job short areas) some of the scenarios mentioned in the article are already being seen.

Things that have already happened because of job shortages:

1) "The people who ran out of food first would start begging others for help. Getting desperate, they’d break into each other’s houses hoping to find emergency supplies." - crime is on the rise....some of it is needless....but there is a lot of crime that is happening that someone is rationalizing as a need.

2) "community college classes were canceled and government offices shut down." - less jobs equals less tax money. Though community colleges are funded by student tuition, I have seem many public school systems down sized do to lack of funding.

3) "People are testy, eyeing each other with suspicion, getting into physical scuffles when they think someone cut them in line." - this being that many people are seeing themselves over looked for jobs that they are completely qualified for due to age, race, sex, and less likely...religion. The 'buyers' market goes beyond the real estate market!

But maybe that was the real message of the article.....hmmmmmmm.

I am not a 'conspiracy theorist', but I have eyes....so I see.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:07   #118

Quote:

Such stories are entertaining, picking an issue and taking it through a series of assumptions to ultimately lead the reader to fear.

Short term oil/gas outages have already happened, the gas lines of the 70s. The country has an oil reserve for long term needs if necessary so unlikely supplies could not be replinished in our near future.

We could be out of pocket for several weeks or a few months, granted but martial law?

We already have oil terrorists, we call the speculators on wall street!
Old 07-03-2012, 06:13   #119

Boat: Westerly Centaur. 26'
Send a message via Skype™ to familycruisers

Well, I have a three month supply of food, ie 2 entries a day for 5 adults. It was bought by my stepmother for a Christmas present. I had wanted to do similar, but never committed the funds.
I'm glad she did.
Is anything, and I mean anything from hurricane, civil unrest, or whatever cuts off the food supply, going to happen? Doubtful, but my family and I have one less thing to worry about.

If the poles reverse?? Wouldn't the electro pulses to the heart, and even our synaptic thoughts justcease?
Old 07-03-2012, 06:15   #120

Boat: Ericson, 28+
Send a message via Skype™ to Gelfling

Quote:
Waveracker as I said its just my opinion but just type in google a search and there's lots of articles about china telling its navy to prepare for war( sorry I said people). As for Russia its there last air defence base in siria so I wouldn't think they would like to lose that to anyone else, the media is keeping alot of this under wraps as usual.
Makes sense. In an era of downsizing, why would the US establish NEW military operations in Australia? As the US is one of China's biggest investments these days....it may have been at China's discretion that the US has made such a move.....it could be said it is being done with the Chinese money....right?
Closed Thread