Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-01-2022, 09:07   #31
CHM

Boat: Beneteau Moorings 432
Re: 2 OR 3 BURNER RANGE?

Just did this in my 43’ Beneteau. Hardly ever used the stove but also couldn’t use 3 burners at the same time anyway. The 2 burner was more practical for us. The most difficult part was building custom offsets to install the new range. You don’t have any margin for error.
CHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2022, 09:49   #32

Many people cruise full time with 2 burners. I have had 3 but so rarely needed them all. And yes 3 pots don’t fit well anyway. So get either one. For what you are doing, 2 should be fine.
merrydolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2022, 04:02   #33

Boat: HR 40
Send a message via Skype™ to Auspicious

A great deal depends on what sort of cooking you do. Dockside and at anchor? Or offshore? Are you a sustenance cook or more culinary?

In my last house I had a great six burner cooktop. I miss that thing.

The biggest issue is balance in the gimbal. If you cook dockside/at anchor, most of the time you can keep the cooker locked and use three or four burners. Underway in any kind of sea at all with the cooker gimballed you'll continuously be trying (and failing) to manage the balance so the gimbal keeps the cookware contents "level."

I bought a three burner cooker to replace the two burner that came with the boat. After one trip I put the two burner back in and sold the three burner.

Regardless of the number of burners, clearance between cookware is a problem. I've found a "fourth pot" like https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/rkAAA...Xb/s-l1600.jpg helps a lot. I can fit my 16 qt pressure canner and a fourth pot at the same time. A cast iron grill/griddle that spans multiple burners helps also for many meals.
Auspicious is offline   Reply With Quote