Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-05-2016, 06:40   #1

Boat: Endeavour TrawlerCat 44
Mooring Tackle

Our power cat has bow eyes that can't be reached while on deck. At present I have a shackle in each and an anchor snubber (a line from each bow eye that is spliced into a single line with a quick release shackle for attaching to anchor chain) attached.

When we hook up to a mooring ball instead of anchoring I run a line from the deck of both bows to the mooring and tie them off to cleats.

After observing the angle which these mooring lines take from the bow cleats down to the mooring, I couldn't help but wonder if I shouldn't try and come up with some method of using the bow eyes instead of running the mooring lines all the way up to the deck.

It would be nice to have something attached to the bow eyes that could be used for either anchor snubbing OR securing to a mooring ball. Has anyone done this? Is it prudent to use a combination of lines from each bow eye with quick attach/release shackles?

Thanks
jacks88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mooring