Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Seamanship, Navigation & Boat Handling > Seamanship & Boat Handling
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-09-2015, 10:09   #1

How long for passage: Florida to Lake Michigan?

All right, easy now. . . . so that sounds like a dumb question. Before you shoot me flames, let me give a few more parameters.

We're considering a trip next summer to move our boat from Stuart Florida up the Eastern seaboard through the St. Lawrence into and through the Great Lakes ending up in Lake Michigan.

She's a Catalina 320. Good solid motoring potential for runs in the canals and/or ICW. We have some good offshore experience and used to long runs on the ICW too.

I am aware of the inherent routing decisions and challenges (e.g., Cape Hatteras inside or outside, etc.), but I'm not asking about that . . . . well at least not yet!!!

Travel style, we'd be looking to move along pretty good, traveling most days. Of course we'd spend an off day here and there resting, but for the most part we'd be moving right along >> kind of a "delivery" mindset.

Bottom line, I'm looking for some opinions on the timeframe. How much time - Stuart, Florida to Green Bay, Wisconsin.
bratzcpa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
florida, passage