Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-10-2019, 07:01   #16

Boat: Jeanneau 49DS
Re: circumvent the med - CHEAP harbors available?

Cheap in the Med is often cheap for a reason. Marinas are no different from houses. Location is everything.

So, Ibiza and Mallorca are prohibitive. Much of the South of France. Twice as much as Marina Genova where I am. Next to the airport but not the city centre.

About the cheapest place to leave a boat safely on the Med coast of Spain is Almerimar. But factor polytunnels being the only local attraction and a distance to Almeria airport. Cartagena is much nicer but more expensive and factor getting to Murcia. Valencia is not too pricey and a great city.

All of this said, I suspect that you will simply get to where you get to, then balance price against safety of the boat, convenience in terms of transport and local interest and facilities. A Med pilot such as Bloc Marin will give you a start. Coupled with a road map. Just about nowhere is going to be much under €5,000 for an annual berth for a15m boat. Be careful about VAT on top.
Alita49DS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 14:47   #17

Location: Plaza Ignacio Antonio Liaño, Numero Dos -Primero Izquierda,Rota 11520 (CADIZ) SPAIN
Send a message via Skype™ to Sailing4Jesus

CHEAP? Nothing is cheap anymore, especially Cruising. Those days are long gone. When I was a toe-head kid growing up in rural North Alabama a Soda Pop cost Five Cents, but when you returned the bottle you got a three-cent refund. Governments are but a bunch of crooks dressed in expensive suits, and 99% of them are Lawyers. However, with all of its negatives, and there are many, capitalism is still by far the best system of government. And with all its negatives, cruising in a Sailing Yacht is still A Dream Come True. May all of your dreams come true.
Sailing4Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2019, 09:30   #18

Hi,
have a look in google earth high zoom along the coast. here you will find even the smales quay. alow pictures. if you see Sailing yachts in a bay, depth will probeply be ok for anchoring.
Handbreit
Grüße aus Wien
Canderes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2019, 06:06   #19

Location: Plaza Ignacio Antonio Liaño, Numero Dos -Primero Izquierda,Rota 11520 (CADIZ) SPAIN
Send a message via Skype™ to Sailing4Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alita49DS View Post
Cheap in the Med is often cheap for a reason. Marinas are no different from houses. Location is everything.

So, Ibiza and Mallorca are prohibitive. Much of the South of France. Twice as much as Marina Genova where I am. Next to the airport but not the city centre.

About the cheapest place to leave a boat safely on the Med coast of Spain is Almerimar. But factor polytunnels being the only local attraction and a distance to Almeria airport. Cartagena is much nicer but more expensive and factor getting to Murcia. Valencia is not too pricey and a great city.

All of this said, I suspect that you will simply get to where you get to, then balance price against safety of the boat, convenience in terms of transport and local interest and facilities. A Med pilot such as Bloc Marin will give you a start. Coupled with a road map. Just about nowhere is going to be much under €5,000 for an annual berth for a15m boat. Be careful about VAT on top.
Shipmate,

Again talking about things Once Cheap. When I was a barefooted kid growing up in rural Fayette County, Alabama, my old Mother would give me Fifty-Cents and send me down the gravel-roard a piece, to Bruce Smith's Grocery Store, Filling Station, Feed and Fertilizer Supplies, and even a Small Barber Shop. With the Fifty-Cents, I came home with Two Loves Of Bread, Three Dozen Eggs, A Six-Pack of Doctor Pepper, Seven Moon Pies, Eight Cans Of Vienna Sausages, And A Ten Pound Bag Of Mothers Best Self Rising Cornmeal. Ya can't do that nowadays, Too Many Dad-Gum Security Cameras.
Sailing4Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cheap