Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-02-2019, 12:31   #1

Boat: Sigma Yachts, Sigma362, 36ft
Wannabe Sea Gypsy

Hello all,

I'm based in Plymouth (UK) - about half a mile from the "Mayflower Steps" the very point from which the Pilgrim Father's set off for a new life in the New World. I'm about to follow their example.

I've become so disenfranchised with life ashore and the whole 9-5 nonsense that I've decided to take early retirement and set off to wherever the mood and weather takes me. I did some number crunching recently and in fact I'll be better of cruising than living my current shore based life!

My initial intention was to undertake a "leisurely" circumnavigation but having recently read "Get real, Get Gone" my focus has shifted to the sea gypsy lifestyle. I now intend to spend this year getting totally used to my boat sailing locally and undertaking longer and longer passages and then set off proper in the middle of 2020 with an Atlantic crossing sometime between November 2020 and February 2021. Although I may go this year if I get confident enough. I don't intend to return.

I have a Sigma 362 - a good solid boat - which I got for a very good price. She's basically sound but has been slightly neglected over the past few years and just needs a bit of TLC - which I'm in the process of giving her :-). I'm also doing a few minor modifications to make her more live aboard friendly.

Fair winds
Paul
SailMoonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 05:06   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: Wannabe Sea Gypsy

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Paul.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gypsy