Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-02-2020, 04:19   #1

Boat: Trewes 40' Steel Ketch
Tax Pension & Property Income Advise before leaving UK as long term liveaboards

Hi
In a few months time my wife and I's dream of becoming liveaboards is going to become a reality. We live in UK and hope to be at the start of the ARC 2021. My wife retires in Oct 2020, we plan on renting our house out plus we have one other buy to let. We aim to leave to be cruising for as many years as our health and fitness will allow (60 & 56 yrs respectivley) we both have pensions and as mentioned income from rented property. I have spent alot of time trying to research how best to optimise our tax obligation position in relation to National Insurance, Non Residence staus (Expat) and our liabilities should we sell property particularly our home whilst away. Could anyone recommend and accountancy firm or legal firm UK based that would be able to help with the complex issues of consolidating ones assets and income. Help would be most appreciated and a big relief in our planning phase. Many thanks in advance. Greg - Blue Argolis
Greg Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2020, 21:15   #2

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 31
Re: Tax Pension & Property Income Advise before leaving UK as long term liveaboards

Hi, you may want to consider moving the post to a more specific forum, e.g. “dollars and cents” — https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f128/
Good luck with your plan!
Old 26-02-2020, 01:38   #3

Re: Tax Pension & Property Income Advise before leaving UK as long term liveaboards

You have be away from the UK for three years to gain non resident status. We aso rented out our proprety and we decided to sell it before we got back to avoid capital gains tax.
Michael Cobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2020, 03:28   #4
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Greg.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
income, liveaboard, rope