Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-01-2008, 18:23   #1

Seabbatical

Hi everyone. we are new to the forum. we are thinking about going for a month long cruise with the SEABBATICAL flotilla. does anyone have an opinion about them? looking forward to hearing from you. thanks.
goforit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 13:46   #2

Boat: 15 foot Canoe
Aloha Goforit,
Hope you found something out about SEABBATICAL. I don't know what it is. Welcome aboard!
Kind Regards,
JohnL
SkiprJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2010, 09:22   #3

Boat: Dreaming of a Leopard 42/43
seabbatical-did u goforit?

Just saw your old post about Seabbatical. Have u been sailing with them? We spent 3 weeks last April sailing from Grenada to St. Lucia with them. We had a great experience. Let me know if you'd like to hear more.
been bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2010, 10:47   #4

Hi

I'd be very greatful to hear of anyone's experience chartering in flotilla with Seabbatical

Thanks

Paul C
Paul Conway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2010, 06:49   #5

Boat: Dreaming of a Leopard 42/43
Hi Paul

We (my husband, 2 kids, a friend and myself) have sailed with the Seabbatical flotilla twice now. Once from USVI's to St Martin on Runaway Cat and once from Grenada to St. Lucia on Seabbatical. Both times we sailed with a captain on board and both times there was 1 other boat that sailed with us. Each time it was a family with 2 kids, which was great for us. They stayed close to us for the first few days, then as they felt comfortable with their boat and getting to know the systems they went off on their own and we would meet up on occasion. The boats were always very clean and in good working order. The people who go on these seabbaticals are real sailors (or wannbes like us) who do more then just party and motor from place to place. The boats have everything on them that you could want, although not necessarily the same on each boat. Some have T.V. and dvd player others have kayaks etc. All have great dingies and all electronics including radar. The owner is very accommodating.
Let me know if there is anything more specific you wanted to know about. We had amazing trips both times and have spent a total of 7 weeks discovering the islands.

Karen
been bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2011, 05:12   #6

Boat: Did have a Moody Marksman 47'
Re: Seabbatical

We took a 9 day charter with Seabbatical in the BVI earlier this year. The boats are well cared for and Ron and his team are very good to deal with. We have now booked a 5 month cruise with Seabbatical for 2012. Happy Cruising, regards David
Leopard Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2011, 07:21   #7

Re: Seabbatical

I am also interested in chartering with them.. their rates are like 40% cheaper than the competition around the USVI any other cheap good options out there?? They do not have AC on most of their boats and thats my wifes one requirement.........
droquette is offline   Reply With Quote