Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-01-2006, 22:21   #1

Boat: OPB
Oh, hello there...

I realized I haven't yet stood up on the barstool and said my piece yet - so here goes.

My name is Greg, and I live in Anacortes, WA; about an hour and a half north of Seattle. I'm currently enjoying a bit of a mini-retirement due to the confluence of being laifd off and a rediculously inflated housing market which allowed my houe to double in value in three years. So now I'm cleaning up around the house and trying to plan a bit into the future. I'm desiring to get back to some warm waters, but right know I'm just waiting to finish my taxes...

I began sailing at around 8 at a local sailing camp, where I spent my entire forst day alternately puking and turtling to rinse the puke out of the boat. Somehow I survived, and with the help of a Sunfish, explored Tampa Bay as a youth. I've been sailing ever since, mostly small boats (sub-30), did a short stint in college as a windsurf racer. I've been teaching sailing on and off since high school. I spent five years as an Outward Bound sailing instructor - you want some fun cruising, try 2 adults, 13 kids in an open 30 foot sprit-rigged ketch on the Chesapeake in October with an early winter gale's snowflakes swirling around the sail illustrating lift. For three weeks. At anchor every night. On land only twice. Did I mention the 13 teenagers?

I have two rules of sailing (or life in general) that I try to stick to -
1. Always look good. (I don't mean hair and makeup here - I mean don't scream at your wife when you're docking)
2. Never do any work any harder than you have to.

Thanks for the permission to come aboard.
Old 17-01-2006, 22:58   #2

Welcome aboard Sonofason.

Yeah, this site has lots of information that a person can learn, from this site.

If ya ever need a answer from a question you post on here. More likely... you'll get one. Or many answered opinions.

Welcome to cruisersforum.

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." - Benjamin Franklin
CaptainK is offline   Reply With Quote