Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-08-2009, 08:39   #1

Noob - Need Parts for Hunter 23.5

Hi,

My girl & I just purchased a one-owner H23.5 yesterday. I've sailed on and off since a kid starting in a Sunfish. My girl never sailed before last year, when we bought a C-15. First time I took her out the rudder failed, we capsized & turtled and couldn't get it back up ourselves, got rescued by the rangers etc. Naturally she wanted us to get a bigger boat this year...

A couple things missing from our beautifully-kept new-to-us boat: the mast raising pole and the camper canvas assembly. Any hints on where we might get used ones? Very limited budget at this time.

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Old 01-08-2009, 09:02   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Greetings, and welcome aboard the CF Tom & Girl.

Ameriseam Marine Canvas sells new Pop-Up Campers & etc for the H23.5 ➥ Poptop Enclosure

Otherwise, you might check out some of the Hunter Owner’s Groups
HunterOwners.com - Home
&
Hunter Owner Forums - SailboatOwners.com
&
Hunter Owners

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:41   #3

Boat: Irwin- Barefoot 37CC (Custom MK V) "Quest"
I don't know the H23.5, but many trailerable boats use their boom and a long tackle to raise the mast after hooking up the headstay and the upper shrouds.

Good luck

Joe S
svquest2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 20:08   #4

Boat: 15 foot Canoe
Aloha and Welcome aboard!
You can also use a tripod arrangement that can be rigged with cheap items at hand like 2x2 lumber.
regards,
JohnL
SkiprJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 17:32   #5

Boat: Pacific Seacraft a Crealock 34
Welcome to the forum
Have fun with your new boat.
Cheers,
Erika
Ocean Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 05:48   #6

Boat: Pearson P39Hull#72
Tom, Now THAT'S a 1st Date to remember!

^On the water anyway^....
She's a definite keeper & You definitely getting that bigger vessel, was a smart move.

Hunter's Factory is about an hour away, however You didn't mention a year, the canvas was(is) usually Built for Each Boat as snaps are never in the same place (exactly) twice. Secret would be find another close (regionally to You) owner who was willing to loan You theirs for a couple days, find a reasonable canvas company & have them take a look at it (they make a template & return in a day or few). For that "mast raising stick", I'd guarantee Ben Franklin was right when he said "necessity is the mother of invention", however the factory probably still has some if You're seeking original only?

Keep Gord May's comments close to heart(always, never seen bad advice outta him yet, doubt it exists), Networking for these items is the DEFINITE way to get them on the cheap!

There's also "Sailnet" & BoatUS discussion boards where You can join under the Hunter owners & post up straight away what You're looking for...everybody formerly listed, as well as sailnet, & gulf cost mariner usually let You place "WANTED" ads, for free...let the net work for You. Folks read classifieds who KNOW others who own similar to You & talk to them...You'll probably get multiple offers.

Congratulations on both the acquisition & the "girl", Tom, welcome to here (CF), & good luck in Your search; IF factory/OEM becomes an "only option remaining" after plenty of searching, AND You need a "boots on the ground visit" (for pickup/packing/shipping, whatever), just Private Message me & I'll let You pay them direct; no worries on getting by there w/a couple days advance notice, they're right outside Gainesville, FL where 1 of our company offices is, I can make the trip a "bidness expense" & get other things accomplished at same time.
Good Luck, these shouldn't be "too tough" items;
(glad to be of service in advance, although hoping You can get lucky w/o having to deal w/factory direct)
-Mick
captmick39 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hunter