This whole situation has kind of slowed things down but I've started going back down there on weekends. The weather
didn't help either. It's also been a pain to get paint
and primer and my wife was laid off. She's now got enough side gigs going on and I was given access to a pro account at West Marine
which let me get started again without paying an arm and leg. Now that this marine
supply distribution place is open again, I'm supposed to go down and buy 10 quarts of primer this week.
The port side hull
needs 1 more coat of bilgekote and i dont think any of the wood
needs replacing. A couple spots could use a little epoxy
filler after i sanded out some rotten wood
but nothing too bad. The starboard hull
is sanded down and 1/3 of it has 1 coat of primer. Found a little section up front that is going to need to be cut out and replaced from it delaminating. I pulled apart the benches and cut access to other areas that were covering access to the hull. The center hull is half sanded and I started giving the yanmar
a little attention too.
It was windy enough on Sunday where i was actually able to give the cable on the main sail a nice whip and cleared it off the spreader which it's been stuck on from the day we got her. Next dead winded day that I'm down there, I'm going to raise the main and see what we got going on!
A couple buddies came down this weekend and seems like we made a good amount of progress. Im thinking still YEARS from sailing and definitely wont make the goal of motoring around for 4th of July. Looking more like the 8 year plan to be done and maybe 6 months-1 year before motoring worthy if things don't really pick up.
We acquired a 13' boston whaler though as our new dinghy
and will hopefully be spending more time down as things are opening back up and weather