Hello to all ... C&S is informative and lots of interesting stories !!! I'm spending too much time reading through old posts ... it is getting in the way of getting any chores done!
A little about me .... I sail a 2001, Hunter
320 with a 4'3" draft
in Barnegat bay, NJ - I bought it new after sailing a few times on a friend's boat
. I bought it while I was under 'mentally unstable' times (divorce will do that to anynone) ... it worked out that it was the best decision I made (probably saved my sanity). As a new sailor, I found all the shallow waters on the bay - I am a pro at getting off when I get agrounded!!
Last few years, I charted cats in the BVI
& St. Martin (love the water
- I never see the bottom in Barnegat!!) and last year, I got a chance to sail a Jeanneau
51 from Conn to the BVI
- a 11 day sail. I am now a bluewater
sailor convert - I love the feeling of sailing in the open water!!! Now, I am looking for a bluewater boat
to sail to the VI spend the winter
there and bring it back to the little pond (Barnegat Bay) for the summer .... I will posting
some questions to get some feed back on a bluewater boat.
My choices are somwhat limited due to shallow waters in Barnegat bay, and the entrance to my lagoon
. Selling my house is out of the questions; looks like my choices are limited to a K/CB option. My current
choice (new boat) are Tartan 37 or 41 with a K/CB option.
I will be posting
some questions on ...
- Carbon Mast - really that bad? I think it is a great idea!
- K/CB option - can't find the specifics on how it works, and problems, etc - particularly newer Tartan. I will be contacting Tartan for some drawings & specs and options.
- Tartan 37 & 41 - bluewater sailboat?
- Keeping a boat in the water year around vs winter storage on blocks - pros and cons. I keep it year around (w/bubbler) - I am a believer in water storage.
Much appreciated if anyone can kindly steer me to any old posts on these subjects.
Thanks in adv.