Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-07-2015, 05:09   #1

Newbi from SC

Hello, I live in the upstate SC. I've had various boats for years, but I sold my last one about 10 years ago.
I enjoy riding Harley Davidson bikes, and ended up with 3 in the garage. I did some trading with 2 of the bikes and ended up with my (new to me) 29' boat. I took her to the lake yesterday and I couldn't be happier. I want to learn some more about it, and what I need to upgrade or add.
Ollie45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2015, 06:25   #2

Boat: Gemini 105Mc 34'
Re: Newbi from SC

Welcome aboard!
Waterway Guide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2015, 06:40   #3

Boat: Big brick box and a '62 Airstream Ambassador. Formerly Pacific Seacraft

Hey Ollie, welcome to CF. I just stumbled across your post, I'm in the Asheville area and keep my boat at the coast. I used to sail Jocassee, one of the nicest lakes in the area, kind of unique.

Where are you sailing now, Hartwell or Keowee? They're all nice.... You should get some good sailing weather this fall. Dropping the hook in those mountain creeks, with the leaves turning and crisp, autumn air.... Man I miss sailing Jocassee. I'm actually moving aboard in a few weeks so I can't complain.

Best of luck-

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
cheoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2015, 08:16   #4
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Howdy and Welcome Aboard CF Ollie!

I used to live in Charlotte, and did some sailing on Lake Norman (NC) and also Lake Wylie (SC) too. Unfortunately there was not much wind each time I went sailing. Lake sailing can be like that.

I also lived on Hilton Head Island (SC) and sailed there too. I preferred the coastal sailing, and the fresh seafood.

Since you are new to this forum, let me mention a few things you might miss but that could help you more enjoy your time here:

WIKI
Take a look at the Cruising WIKI that is found via the tab up on the top menu bar of the forum. It has a LOT of information in it you might find fun, interesting, or helpful.

Looking for Quick Answers?

This is the best and fastest method I have found to the answers I seek here.
Since you are relatively new to the forum, here is my favorite friendly forum search tip: Look at the green menu bar on the forum pages for the drop down "Search" menu. Click on that to drop down a list of search functions. From that drop down menu select the GOOGLE CUSTOM search feature (the second box down) and then enter several different descriptive terms for your topic of interest. That will do a Custom google search of ONLY this site and it is likely to find answers to your questions or results for you. Note: this is different from using the regular forum search box or field. Also note, this is NOT found if you use the CF app. It IS found if you use a web browser such as Safari, etc.
Steadman Uhlich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2015, 08:50   #5

Boat: Matlack, Trawler, 48 ft

Greetings and welcome from SW Florida!
Old 21-08-2015, 05:13   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheoah View Post
Hey Ollie, welcome to CF. I just stumbled across your post, I'm in the Asheville area and keep my boat at the coast. I used to sail Jocassee, one of the nicest lakes in the area, kind of unique.

Where are you sailing now, Hartwell or Keowee? They're all nice.... You should get some good sailing weather this fall. Dropping the hook in those mountain creeks, with the leaves turning and crisp, autumn air.... Man I miss sailing Jocassee. I'm actually moving aboard in a few weeks so I can't complain.

Best of luck-

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I spent a lot of my younger days on lakes Keowee, Jocassee, and Hartwell. I live just up a Hartwell cove on the SC /NC line. I haven't owned a boat for years, but now with this one, I have a big long range plan if this one works out to be dependable. I would love to cross to the Bahamas from south Florida one year.
Ollie45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2015, 05:34   #7

Boat: Nothing large at the moment

Welcome, we spend summers in Western NC and winters in Abaco. About this time of year I start twitching for a salt water fix. We are 40+ year Bahamas cruisers so if you finally get over look us up.
Tingum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2015, 05:39   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 48 Wauquiez Pilot Saloon

Welcome to CF Olliedood!

Enjoy, have fun, and ask lotsa questions!

Mai Tai's fix everything...
HappyMdRSailor is offline   Reply With Quote