Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-10-2016, 21:06   #1

New to the world of sailing, but spent 4 months as a liveaboard.

Hey everyone!

Thanks for having this awesome resource available to those of us who are newer to sailing. Being able to soak in other people's experiences is probably the best part.

Anyways, I am quite new to sailing. I moved out to Los Angeles in January 2015 to find work in the eSports industry (competitive videogaming). Been managing a company for over a year now and my role is to ensure we regularly release video content for our users.

I took my mum's cousin's offer, after he said I could stay on his 37' Catalina down in San Pedro if ever I were to move out to the west coast. Spent the first 4 months living there, before moving on.

I am looking to gain sailing experience and education in the coming months. I plan to spend the spring/summer in Europe and potentially study for a masters in the fall. I think that I would enjoy crewing and would like to give it a go in the near future.

I look forward to meeting hearing from you and maybe meeting some others in the future!

Cheers!
notspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 03:37   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: New to the world of sailing, but spent 4 months as a liveaboard.

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, notspencer.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
liveaboard, sail, sailing