Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-11-2019, 08:19   #1

Boat: LM 30 Striker
New Norwegian skipper from Sweden! :facepalm:

Hi all!
Here in the North hemisphere, the season is over, and the sun sets earlier and earlier each day. It is the wonderful time of the year to become a dedicated keyboard sailor!
Having sailed since I started with my parents back in '81, I guess I've been sailing "all" my life and everything from boards, dingies, and beach cats to 100-footers.
This summer I got myself a Danish 30-footer from '84. Originally an one-off race boat, she has too much sail for family cruising, but is a fantastic machine in light air!
The winter projects which are about to be launched includes rebuilding all of the boat electrical system, fitting B&G Triton2 and a Vulcan7, as well as putting in a RPI with OpenPlotter and some ESP8266's for different types of sensors.
That's about it! Here on the forum, I'll probably mostly be hanging around the tech pages.
Best regards,
Ranur aka Runar @Terraπ
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LM30.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	202689  
Ranur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 10:05   #2

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop
Re: New Norwegian skipper from Sweden! :facepalm:

Welcome aboard CF, Ranur. I hope you enjoy your stay. Congratulations on such a lovely looking boat.

Ann
Old 05-11-2019, 13:40   #3

Boat: LM 30 Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPA Cate View Post
Welcome aboard CF, Ranur. I hope you enjoy your stay. Congratulations on such a lovely looking boat.

Ann
Thank you Ann. It has been an intense "love affair" this summer. Actually, a few years ago, I was given a choice to inherit my parents Dufour 425 Grand Large, as my father was dying of cancer. At the time I thought the boat was waaay to big and expensive, albeit it had all the bells and whistles I had envisioned for my dream boat. So I decided to be shore based and rent for a few years.
Last summer, the urge to sail locally resurfaced, and I decided to have my own vessel. The plan was that I should buy something I could own - not something that would own ME, and be an obligation so that I felt I HAD to use it all the time. It should also be something I could let my children use without me having a nervous breakdown. So I bought this boat for about 15K €.
At first, I was making excuses telling myself that "it was a inexpensive compromise" and "not as nice as my "dream" boat", but after sailing it for a season I am 100% in love with my precious boat! Sure it has some potentials for improvement, but overall - it is fantastic! And did I mention what a killer she is in light air. Despite being only 30 foot, this summer - on a long beat in 8-10 knots wind - I hauled ass and CRUSHED a friend sailing a J-105. I think that was the highlight of the season...
https://photos.app.goo.gl/GijLWnqXCiHrfXmW8

Then the wind picked up, he pulled his kite and disappeared, but it didn't matter. I was the upwind champ ;-)
Anyway - thanks for your compliment!
//Runar
Ranur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 03:15   #4
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Ranur.

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
skipper, Sweden