Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-02-2010, 18:29   #1

New Here - Looking for Others to Charter a Bareboat

Hi all,

I just joined this forum and wanted to introduce myself and my girlfriend, Ramona.

She and I just went to the Miami International Boat Show for the second time this week and she is now as bit by the sailing bug as I have been since before I lived on my sailboat in '90 thru '92.

We have pitched the idea of chartering a bareboat from BVI or Key West to several of our friends but they are balking at the price (they just don't understand).

Can anybody here point us to a resource where we can 'hook up' with other people who would like to share the expenses of a bareboat (monohull or cat) out of BVI or Key West please?

Thanks,

Robert
yakatme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2010, 20:20   #2

Boat: 15 foot Canoe
Aloha and welcome aboard!
I can't give you any information but hope others can who will respond later.
regards,
Old 17-02-2010, 21:08   #3

Boat: Catalina 27 - Handyman NO# 1229771
Send a message via MSN to tallyhorob
heading to the USVI in April for a week aboard of ASA training, need the 104 before they will let you charter most times, add me as a friend would be willing to head down again if the timing is right. PM me and we can see how things work out. Always found it hard to get people to "Share the cost" always willing to go if you invite them but pay hummm no so much. Good luck
tallyhorob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2010, 12:32   #4

I can't help with connections, but, while I have bareboated the BVI several times, I am looking for a different venue. If you would consider Guadeloupe, we could get together Feb. 5-12, 2011. (see my recent post at this site).
If you identify a source of interested and willing ($$$) parties, please let me know, as I try to do a bareboat cruise at least once a year.
I am also thinking of doing another bareboat cruise in Belize later in the Spring (April), if that would interest you.
Capn Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2010, 13:04   #5
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate

I know its not the BVI's but there's.. or was.. a charter firm in St Martin that ran cats on a club membership basis.... basically you shared the cat and had a skipper and hostess to supervise things..
I cant remember the name of the company but they operated out of the old Marigot marina in the lagoon... nice people

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
bareboat