Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-11-2008, 13:42   #1

Boat: Planing stages at this time
New guy from Arizona

Well, here I am living in Arizona, no water anyplace around. But that doesn't stop me from wanting to be out on a boat someplace. I do have a small lake 20 minutes north of me. And I do own 4 boats. Lets see, I have a Hobie 14 that I bought for one dollar, trailer and all. At the time I was building one of those Hobby Kats out of the Popular Machanix magazine, so he Hobie was bought as a doner mast, sail, rigging ect. I have a 10 foot dingy sailboat that I bought plans for and mostly built. Haven't completed yet due to a cross country move. But that should be sailing the lakes of Vancouver Washington 2009 sometime. (more on that in a moment) And the last is a Daytona jet boat big block go fast engine. I wont get kicked off the board for having a jet boat, will I?
So My wife and I own some property in Vancouver Washington and we built a house there. We are looking to be settled in as soon as our son is on summer break from school. That's when the fun will really start. I would like to build a cat boat for some coastal cruising in the PNW. Been shopping for plans for some time and we really like the Easy catamarans from Peter Snell.
Anyway, just saying my hello's and thanks in advance for the help from all the members here for questions answered so far and upcoming questions I'll have.
AZKick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2008, 14:35   #2

Boat: 15 foot Canoe
Aloha AZ,
Welcome aboard! Just now is a buyer's market but the bargains are production fiberglass monohulls. A Cal 34 is on craigslist here in Hawaii advertised for $9500 and just sailed over from San Diego. Pretty unbelievable price. Very, very much cheaper than building but whatever you choose. Good to have you here and asking questions when you're ready.
Kind regards,
JohnL
SkiprJohn is offline   Reply With Quote