Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-12-2007, 13:43   #16

I don't know anything about airfare prices between islands. But, just because you want to charter in BVI doesn't mean you have to do your other week at a resort there. There are many resorts/vacation rentals in places like St. Maartin, St. Lucia, etc. which might be more attractive. If you stayed in St. Thomas in the USVI, you could take a ferry to BVIs.

If instead you did a 2 week cat charter in BVI, I would think that in addition to BVIs they could take you to St. John or St. Thomas in the USVI as well - so either way you get to see more places.
slomotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2007, 15:26   #17

Send a message via Yahoo to bvimatelot Send a message via Skype™ to bvimatelot
Crikey!! You dont have to go 4 or 5 star (Litle Dix Peter Is Bitter End etc) to enjoy BVI. I know lots of people who have camped at Ivan's place on Jost Van Dyke: the money saved buys a staggering amount of Rum.....

I live on Tortola (for the last 15 years) and sail yachts for a living. Unfortunately I'll be delivering a yacht to Norway over this time otherwise I'd have offered my services!

Probably as has been mentioned before, Traveltalkonline.com is the best starting point. There's a wealth of experience there and its an extremely friendly board.

enjoy!! Tony
bvimatelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 15:48   #18

Boat: MacGregor 26M Lynx
I do not really know what kind of temps you are looking for as well as water temps. Here in the Abacos Bahamas there is charters that have DAY captians, These do not stay on your boat at night.
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 16:14   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvimatelot View Post
the money saved buys a staggering amount of Rum.....
That is absolutely the most appropriate way you could describe the amount of rum you could buy by not staying at Peter Is, or any of the others mentioned. You could stagger for years.

There's lots of smaller places in the BVIs that are much more affordable, they're all on the web. The cost to just tie up a 40' at Peter Island dock with hydro for one night would pay for several nights in some of these places.
jdoe71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 18:12   #20

Hi
sailboat for sale, Sunset Cruise, Sailboat rides, sailing, charters, cruises, sailboat rentals, catamaran, Lake Huron Offshore Adventures

You might be intrested in what we are doing on Lake Huron.
Jerry
JerryC is offline   Reply With Quote