Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-06-2021, 18:01   #1

My boat is in Malaysia and I can't get to it.

Hi there.
I live in New Zealand and I've resently bought a boat that's in Langkawi Malaysia which I intend to live on.
I can't get in because of covid...
I have family in Singapore so am considering getting the boat delivered to there? Any suggestions?
Ron Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2021, 18:50   #2

Re: My boat is in Malaysia and I can't get to it.

Hi Ron,
Am in KL and can't even get to my boat in Port Klang due to lockdowns.
You might be able to get into Malaysia after the lockdown if you use an agent.
Another option is Phuket if you can get the boat delivered there.
petermck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2021, 19:10   #3

Boat: US$4,550 of lead under a GRP hull with cutter rig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Amos View Post
Hi there.
I live in New Zealand and I've resently bought a boat that's in Langkawi Malaysia which I intend to live on.
I can't get in because of covid...
I have family in Singapore so am considering getting the boat delivered to there? Any suggestions?
1. On access to your boat

You've applied to Malaysian authorities for permission to travel to Malaysia and permission to enter Malaysia?

Malaysian authorities were allowing foreign cruisers with boats in Malaysia, but whom were overseas at the time international borders shut in 2020, permission to enter Malaysia. Malaysian authorities also, in 2020, allowed cruisers to make port in a couple of marinas for repairs and so on.

Since then, cruisers in Malaysia have had to make sure their immigration status was regularised. Many have either sailed out of Malaysia or left their hull in Malaysia and flown themselves out.

Unless you have applied and been refused, I suggest you make application to the appropriate officials, showing proof of your ownership and so on.

2. On delivery to Singapore
You've been on board the boat and sailed her? Or did you buy it remotely and unseen?

If the latter, what proof do you have that it is operationally ready for a delivery trip to Singapore?

You do have paperwork to show proof of ownership, no? You have a berthing contract with a marina in Langkawi? You have acquitted all debts incurred by the vessel in the marina? Hull insurance, lah? Vessel registration for an international voyage and arrival into Singapore?

You've considered the relative costs of keeping a boat in Langkawi versus Singapore? And the season: currently we're in late June, the SW monsoon, no? You've looked at windy.com or the equivalent at the winds in the Malacca Strait?

What's your budget for the delivery? You've taken into account the costs of your delivery crew either: [1] making entry into Singapore and then returning to Malaysia; or [2] entering Malaysia from Singapore and then delivering from Malaysia to Singapore?
Old 22-06-2021, 21:56   #4

Boat: Outbound 44

Have you applied for an entry permit with MySafeTravel for Malaysia? You attach all relevant documents including a letter stating your case for entry. Returning to your vessel that is your only home can sometimes work for a reason. It did for us. If ypu get rejectedm ypu can reapply after a few weeks.

If you can get into Singapore, there are delivery skippers doing deliveries from Malaysia to Singapore.
Old 23-06-2021, 02:28   #5
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Ron.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
47 foot Whiting, boat, Delivery Skipperwith Mate, Malaysia, Singapore