Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-11-2016, 07:28   #1

Boat: Cataliba 22 foot
MacGregor 26D

So the back story.
I have a buddy that took me out 3 years ago on his 26D and kinda threw me into sailing. I spent all summer in the Bellingham Bay area getting told what I was dong wrong. The next year I got myself 22 foot Catalina and spent the season on the lake. This spring I bought a house and 2 weeks before closing my car died (timing chain broke with an interference motor) so instead of pushing my luck and taking out a loan for a replacement car, I decided to be an adult and sell my boat to replace the car. This summer sucked because of all the moving and not having a boat. My buddy never took his out. So I spoke to my buddy last week and pestered my wife. Long story shortish, I am picking it up sometime next week. It has been sitting under a few trees for just over a year so it is in need of a good cleaning, other than that is is in good shape for a boat that is almost 30 years old. It has a 2015 Tohatsu 9.8 long shaft electric start motor and 4 sets of sails.
Out the Door I am spending 4K on it. Looking forward to a bunch o fun in the Sound. I am back to sailing this spring
"If you don't read the news paper you are ill-informed, if you do read the news paper you are misinformed". "If you practice anything long enough you will get good at it to include BS". Denzel Washington
snccoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2016, 08:27   #2

Boat: Ian Ross design ketch 63'
Re: MacGregor 26D

Welcome to you and congrats on your new old boat! We're new to the area (from NY) and have been amazed by this area and the terrific sailing here. Hope to see you out there (well, maybe next summer...)
redhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2016, 08:57   #3

Boat: MacGregor M26S with aspirations to cruise
Re: MacGregor 26D

I was beginning to think there was a plethora of MacGregor purchases lately until I realized you're the same captain I welcomed on the user's forum! Congrats here as well!

I'm learning more about sailing every day with my 26S. We've just pulled it out of the water for the winter so now the list of maintenance items can be worked. I'm already looking forward to Spring!

Fair winds and following seas....
mdbrown is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
macgregor