Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-04-2003, 05:55   #1

Boat: It’s in French Polynesia now
Talking Late but newbie

Hello to all,
I've been monitoring and contributing to this form for a couple of weeks now. I must say it is very well set up, the best I've seen yet! I would like to be able to download pictures right to the site BUT I realize that takes a lot of space and the cost would need to be compensated. A spell check would be nice too, for us guys/gals who over see a proof read. But on to myself and not to be arrogant or conceited, just informative.

I'm in my early 50's, married to a native born Filipino who's been on this continent since the 80's. We would like to cruise the Visayas Is. some time soon.
We have two s/v's, one 23' on a trailer and a 40' that we keep on the hard when not in use. I will post more info on them in another section with a link to pictures.
Myself, I'm the Sr. Maintenance Machinist for the City of Seattle in Wa. working on all the equipment for the Fleets and Facilities Dept., a Jack of Trades.
I've been working on boats, power and sail, since 1969. It all started while in the Navy over in Viet Nam repairing vessels from Tugs to PBR's. My father was a Merchant Marine most of his life and I guess the salt runs in the blood.
I'm also an Open Water Diver but haven't been active for a couple years.
There seems to be a fairly experianced crew onboard here, and there's a lot I can learn. I hope that I can contribute also for the benifit of all.
Del................_/)
delmarrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2003, 12:44   #2

Whoa!

I thought I lost this post. I ment for it to go up in the "Introductions and Greets". I pushed a wrong button somewhere. So, I re-composed another post. Oh well, you all know even a little more about me and mine. Still haven't posted those pictures yet.

DelmarRey..................._/)
Old 07-11-2004, 08:44   #3

Send a message via AIM to 1sailaway Send a message via Yahoo to 1sailaway
Cruise

Hello Delmarrey,
Your post was very interesting to me as I was born in Manila. We are now living aboard oue 41' Islander Freeport in Portland, Or.
I to would like to cruise to the island of Palawan. There is a beach there called El Nido seen recently on "The great race" that I fell in love with. We are planning on our first cruise to Mexico then if all goes well we will hitch up with some other boats to make the puddle jump to the Marquesas. If we ever make it that far we will probably head for the Philippines. I am 65 and would love to see my homeland one more time. I am of spanish heritage married 21 years to an an american woman 17 years younger. We love our boat but she is in need of attention before we depart, you can see a picture of her in the gallery, her name is "Bolero".

Rene Goyena
1sailaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 18:57   #4

Hi Rene,

What a small world!. My wife has a sister in Narra, Palawan. Which is just inland of Rasa Is. I've been there also and really like it.

Nice looking Freeport. I wanted one back in the 80's.

It would be nice to hook up some time and talk P.I.
.................................................. .........................................._/)