Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-03-2009, 22:48   #16

Boat: MARTZCRAFT 35 'JET LAG'
Shell, I had planned to head up north at the end of May but at the moment have a sick mother problem which requires me cancel that idea. She is, however, showing signs of improvement so I just might be ready in june. I also have an urge to go to Solomons, Vanuatu and New Cal. Only time will tell.
drinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 23:23   #17

Boat: camper and nicholson, 39' ketch "shell de mer"
Talking

Hi Drinky,

What a name! Hope your poor Mum gets better quickly. Your chosen destinations ring true for us too, but possibly not for a couple of years..just up to Cairns for this year. Keep in touch and maybe we can ketch-up! (i know it's getting tired already isn't it?) LOL!Click image for larger version

Name:	11.JPG
Views:	140
Size:	149.4 KB
ID:	7385
Old 15-04-2009, 07:53   #18

Boat: 'First Steps' 44' Steel Ketch
Ooooh - we're going to be on another Ketch leaving Sydney May(ish) to blast our way up the east coast. Previous yacht sold last year and it has been testing times hunting down a suitable lady to meet all of our desires as well as safe for FlyingVet Jnr.
FlyingVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2009, 15:29   #19

Hi FlyingVet, well I hope we can manage a rendezvous sometime after June somewhere along the east Coast. A 44' steelie should be terrific amongst the coral. We will be travelling with our youngest daughter who will be celebrating her 21st in June immediately before we leave Brisbane. She has a disability so is still very happy to spend time with us!
Old 21-04-2009, 05:48   #20

Shell,

Looking forward to that - could almost see if we can get a 'kollection' of Ketches somewhere exotic. Task one is to get the vessel toddler proof and I'm sure son will be proud to test my precautions
Old 22-04-2009, 18:55   #21

Well having a toddler on board for the journey will keep things interesting no doubt. What a fabulous experience for him. (And US!) This will be my first major cruise so I can barely wait. A 'kollection" or should it be a "klutch" of ketches would be very interesting. Let's make sure we have up all the gear when possible..as I tell my husband..it is important to look our best, and ketches are soooo pretty!
Old 03-06-2009, 14:07   #22

Thumbs up ETD 19th June

Hi to Drinky and FlyingVet,

Just wondering how your preparations are going for any trip north? We are getting closer to our ETD of 19th June...can't wait to get out of this rain! Sooo sick of it especially when trying to stage an outdoor 21st birthday bash! Please keep in touch if you happen to be passing or putting in to Brisbane around our ETD. Hope all goes well for you and Drinky I hope you Mum is feeling better.
Cheers,

Shell
Old 03-06-2009, 21:53   #23

Northbound at Last

Shellyof,

Greetings from Port Stephens - we've made our way from Sydney in less than super conditions, the ocean has been comparable to the Atlantic at times.

Dad arrives in Brisbane on the 19th and we'll be heading north after that so looking forward to catching up !!

Is it raining there too ??

FlyingVet
Old 03-06-2009, 22:57   #24

Hi FlyingVet,
I am very leery of the conditions you describe...not looking forward to anything but smooth seas and perfect skies. It has been raining for weeks up here..Have you not seen any news of the floods up here? Anyhow, the sun is out as I type so that is encouraging. Our schedules seem to be in synch so we may yet get to meet on the water very soon. Take care on your way here.
cheers,
Old 05-06-2009, 02:29   #25

Well,
Port Macquarie has proved to be interesting - I'm sure the designer of this 20T yacht didn't see it being used for surfing as we did over the sand bar today

At last the weather has encouraged some input from the solar panels. Now just need some Air-X spares to get wind input !!

Looking forward to even better weather further north!!

FlyingVet
Old 05-06-2009, 04:53   #26

Yeehah! Surfing eh? Glad the sun has come out for you ...it showed itself today up here is BrisVegas but is likely to be followed with some more showers me thinks. Hopefully by the time you get here it will be at qld's best.

cheers,
Old 17-06-2009, 03:55   #27

Greetings from the back passages of Straddie - Well be in Brisbane - hopefully up the river on Thurs - how's things going there Shell ?
Old 17-06-2009, 04:40   #28

Ahoy there Flying Vet, Good to hear from you. We have had the big birthday bash, have stowed tons of stuff on the boat and expect to leave Brissy on Saturday morning after a farewell to the house-sitting daughter and boyfriend at the pontoon. We then expect to head over to Tangalooma for the first night and then off to Mooloolaba or Double Island Point depending on the weather. How's things been for you? Is FV Junior enjoying the cruise so far? Are you intending to stay in BrisVegas for long?
Cheers,
Old 17-06-2009, 05:55   #29

We're hopefully going to be at the pontoon at the botanical gardens if we can get on there - dad is arriving on Fri morning and the plan is to get as much food / drink at Brisbane before heading off to Moo'Bah for some yachting spares!

Keep an eye out for us!

FV junior is loving it - the beaches are his favourite - he loves sand. Only one day seasick and I wasn't feeling that good either.

Looking forward to catching up - we're a 'nameless' blue pilothouse ketch (name change pending - following the correct procedures!)

Are you on the pontoons now ?

FV

Tags
Australia, queensland