Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-01-2019, 07:41   #1

Boat: Islander 32 MK2 #157/Pram 8 Marconi Rig
Islander 32mk2 #157-New owner Capt JJ

Hi all

I’m Capt JJ the new owner of a Islander 32 MK2 Hull # 157, (211 built) and fourth owner...Robert Perry designer...

She’s a Coast Guard Documented Vessel, her name is “Wanda’s Wind” but I call her “The Double Dubya” for now, planning on completing refit/recommissioning and renaming later summer 2019...so she’s a work in progress...

Records on my vessel are really quite thorough, original sales invoice ($46K sold as new 1979) and dealers warranty statement, bills of sales for all owners, most if not all brochures/manuals for all systems, pics of previous owners, as well as set of the original 32 Islander MK2 drawing prints from Robert Perry...guy who sold her to me had it all in a canvas book bag he called “the football” like the briefcase with the nuke codes an officer carries for POTUS...we upgraded from canvas bag to a Hershel Book Bag but still refer to it as “The Football”
Been documenting my work, so far fuel system overhaul and now bottom job/hull repairs and bottom painting...but be shame to not keep records going since they’re so complete...

I acquired her via a Craigslist Ad in Tampa Bay Fl advertised as a project, she’s been docked (kept serviceable condition) last 12yrs since her 2nd owner donated her to a sailing youth program, I acquired her from 3rd owner who was a youth leader in the before mentioned program...he kept her servicable but didn’t enjoy her much as he lived 2hrs away...

She’s Robert Perry designed . Pretty much as designed (tiller) unmodified but better top shelf gear and premium gear (has AC/roller furling/oversized winches/ Asym Spinnaker) And a last generation McGlason (pioneers in fiberglass keel boats outta Costa Mesa Ca) and my second McGlason fiberglass keelboat, first being the Wayfarer 24 the very first model McGlason offered so it was kinda fate I acquired 32 Islander 32mk2...I’m very passionate about McGlason boats to say the least..they’re Californian as was my formative yrs till I migrated to Florida in later middle age, story if so many of Gen Xers like myself, another who did the “Cali exodus”

Not a big fan of internet and prolly be infrequent here, I like working on boats less than sailing them...so I’m pretty busy bringing my performance cruiser back to like new condition...

Anyways, just wanted to say hi...I’ve enabled email so any 32 Islander MK2 owners can email, or anyone with interest...

As I say in parting “I’ll see you when I see you”

Capt JJ out...
Capt JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 15:04   #2

Boat: Jon Sayer 1-off 46 ft fract rig sloop strip plank in W Red Cedar
Re: Islander 32mk2 #157-New owner Capt JJ

Welcome aboard, JJ, and enjoy the forum and your new boat. Post when you have something to say!

Jim
Old 09-01-2019, 15:35   #3
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: Islander 32mk2 #157-New owner Capt JJ

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, JJ.

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 15:38   #4
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Islander 32mk2 #157-New owner Capt JJ

Welcome to CF fellow Troglodyte..
Have a grand time with your new boat, nice boats.

It was a dark and stormy night and the captain of the ship said.. "Hey Jim, spin us a yarn." and the yarn began like this.. "It was a dark and stormy night.."
boatman61 is online now   Reply With Quote