Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-11-2016, 15:48   #1

iam back..long time.but back

I was i member back 08.or09..lost everyting.but now ontop.finnally..get pension and workin good ..3 months debt free..savein.cor boat..need small first.then.last boat..deisal mech.carpenter.diver.welder.you name it.i can do it..love the forum..was member awhile back..now lookin for some advice.to start..thank you all...dirty don
dirtydon1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 16:01   #2

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop
Re: iam back..long time.but back

Welcome back aboard dirtydon. Congrats on becoming debt free. Good on ya.

It never hurts to look at boats even if you can't buy just now. "Steady Hand" has posted a couple of threads recently that you might be interested in: one of them is about trailer boats and pocket cruisers, and the other is about vessels under $30,000.

Ann
Old 04-11-2016, 16:21   #3

Tha m you .have been readi. and dreamin for over 30.years.....ba k tben busted back better now..get pencian and health care for ever..3more months delt free..al ready in a tiny apartment...my youngest stays with me for a bit..lookin at a small pearson 26 to train on..on i live by the detroit rivef..about 1mile..this pearson. hase a lot of racin sail ..outboard.needs keel work..all cast iron.but on a custom traer..price is good.for astarter..2ggs.for boat..3.:5with trailer..can keep it at work free..
Old 04-11-2016, 17:30   #4

Boat: Currently Shopping, & Heavily in LUST!

Glad you're back in the world of the living, er, sailing, again. And yes, being debt free is nice!
There are a LOT of nice boats to be had for little $, so you can afford to be choosy.
BTW, you're playing in the waters where I started out (sailing)! Way back when I was 3.

The Uncommon Thing, The Hard Thing, The Important Thing (in Life): Making Promises to Yourself, And Keeping Them.
UNCIVILIZED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 17:50   #5

Phone cell bad.tryer to say thanks.
Old 04-11-2016, 18:04   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydon1960 View Post
Phone cell bad.tryer to say thanks.
Welcome aboard. Just make sure that everything is ship-shape, then cast off! Fair winds.
PortClydeMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 15:55   #7

Monday here workin like crazy..yougest daughter had the summer with a friend had a mac 29..hit a bad spout heart his boat.keel crarcked.water co.in in ..bad thing.dock freind.helped but not enough...guy get some people with pumps to keep her up..sling in the marina had i boat lifed and stayed for the weekend.vuy was freakin..my daughter call tould here to call a freind have pumps for budinss...boat did.not sink..pulled....after math..he never looked at chart.never had classes.no power squadern.just talked to people..did good for 2years.but hit bad on a mac...hope he does get the boat up. With love.and can not wait for my lady of the sea...dirty do notn
Old 07-11-2016, 17:18   #8

Re:am back..long time.but back

Sorry about rambelin..just got lots to ask and been a long time past..08. 09 was i member.very close.to buyi g..lost everthi g.keep dive gear.tools.and hog..lost.much..little young daughter.29 at the time.told me some thkng
.dad you always wanted to have a boat.now.give kt all and start with nothing..damn.she was right..little tiny apart.ent..1.25.miles crom .work..bick.to work.payed off all debts..now money to the boat..lovin it now..soon