Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-01-2008, 14:01   #1

I am the Dread Pirate Roberts there will be no survivors.

Hi Folks,
I actually used to post on this site a few years ago while I was in college. That was when I was just a day dreamer. Now, I'm out of college and biting at the bits to get this great big world explored. I'm afraid I have no real sailing experience, but exploring the world on boats has been my dream for about a decade now, and considering my age, a decade is a long time. If you have a boat (preferably in North America) and are willing to teach I would love to learn.
As it is right now I am on what I call a World Wide Ramble. I just kind of bounce around from place to place and do what ever looks like fun and meet as many people as I can. I'm leaving for Seatle at the end of the week so if you are looking for some one to sail with on the west coast some time soon let me know, my schedule is wide open.
The next leg of my trip starts in May when I'm leaving for Japan to teach english and replenish my travel funds. So, if you have a long term sailing venture that will end before I leave, then I would definately consider a long term berth.
Even if you don't have a boat for me to play on, Id still love to hear from you. Sailing is a long time dream of mine and I would love to hear your stories, and I would greatly apreciate any advice that you might have for an up and coming cruiser.

Hope to hear from you all soon,
The Dread Pirate Roberts
DreadPirateRoberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2008, 12:47   #2

Boat: 15 foot Canoe
Aloha Dread,
Hmmm? Having a pirate as a guest aboard might not be such a great idea!! At any rate I hope you find a berth if you can mend your scurvy ways.
Kind Regards,
JohnL
SkiprJohn is offline   Reply With Quote