Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-04-2008, 22:27   #16

Boat: 15 foot Canoe
Aloha,
Welcome aboard!! Good to have you here. Hope you can find your dream and get the first mate interested too.
Kind Regards,
JohnL
SkiprJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2008, 01:41   #17
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbranch View Post
One thing you might consider is doing a crewed charter with your wife first. Having someone else handle all the nitty-gritty details will lead to less stress and worry for you and really accentuate the positives. I did one a few years ago and it was great. You can also help out as much as you wish and make it a learning experience for yourself. If the first trip is all sunsets, snorkeling and romance I think that will help her see the idea in a more positive light. First impressions and all that. Just my opinion.
Yeah, I think this applies to the other half (and also for kids) on a boat in general - not just for "the big trip"......gotta get the positive associations firmly embedded before any shortcomings crop up........even if it means not doing exactly what yer want, at least initially - and anyway IMO doing stuff together makes up for not always doing exactly what you want......but I appreciate opinions vary
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2008, 05:39   #18
Long Range Cruiser

Location: Australian living on "Sea Life" currently in England.
Boat: Beneteau 393 "Sea Life"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbranch View Post
d.

I retire in 2014 at age 47. I hope I can find a partner for this venture before then but if not, I'm still going.
Gail
Hi Gail.

You don't need a partner. They are just confidence attachments for not feeling lonely eating in resturants.
Congrats for the retirement plan. I retired at 48, a few months ago. Its a damn good feeling to be able to do it while I still can easily.

Buy your boat and sail it yourself and you will feel the confidence build within you. Unlike what the magazines say, men really are attracted to sucessful, independant, confident women.

With you as captain you will snag a great crewman!!!!

All the best.

Mark

Somalia Pirates and our Convoy
MarkJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2008, 05:42   #19

Boat: TBD
If anyone knows of Catamaran charters that cater to scuba that would be awesome. I could incorporate the two and maybe get her on board. As I mentioned that is what I want to do as a owner/ scuba charter. I am going to a sailing school for a week and will want to get as much hands on experience as possible should I do a captained charter with my wife. Appreciate all the suggestions.

Bruce
S.I.T.S. is offline   Reply With Quote