Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-05-2015, 21:02   #1

Boat: Ted Brewer Roughwater 45 Ketch
Hi, Im new to Cruisers Forum

Hi, I am looking to find some sister vessels to Fete Accomplie. Fete is a Ted Brewer designed Roughwater 45 Ketch and was launched in 1984. The hull and deck were hand laid in Taiwan and fitted out I California. I have spoken to Ted Brewer and he has advised that 14 of these boats were built between the early 1970's to 1985. I would be really interested in talking to any owner of these vessels.
Fete Accomplie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2015, 03:30   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: Hi, Im new to Cruisers Forum

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Fete Accomplie.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2015, 15:23   #3

GordMay Thankyou for the welcome. I have been reading Cruisers Forum for several years and as I am getting Fete ready to go again, I thought it time to join the group. Regards Fete
Old 21-05-2015, 20:08   #4
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Howdy Fete! Welcome aboard the forum (as a new poster).

I have a friendly suggestion for you, and the suggestion is based on what I would do myself, if I owned a boat now.

Your boat has not been mentioned here lately (that I recall). It may be uncommon and because of that it may be interesting to the forum members.

My suggestion: Start a thread with a review of your boat type in the Monohull forum.
Start the title with "Review of Roughwater 45 by Ted Brewer" and notice I have included the boat name, the length, and the designer's name too. Note to capitalize all key words in the thread title too.

Here are some things I encourage you to include in your review:

1. Mention the things you like about the design and build.
2. Review what makes it special and different. What were the key points the manufacturer or designer emphasized in their marketing.
3. Describe sailing it, if you have done so.
4. What modifications do you suggest or have you made to improve it for cruising?
5. How is the headroom in the saloon and other parts of the boat? Headroom matters to taller sailors and is often asked about on the forum.
6. Provide photos of your boat (regardless of condition) Show the engine, head, saloon, cockpit, hull from the side, the galley, and at least one stateroom. You can do this using the "Go Advanced" feature (button) when you start your thread. Read the forum FAQ for instructions on adding photos to a post.
7. Provide links to any relevant information about your boat
8. If there are things that are a known problem or must be fixed on that boat series, mention it openly. There may be common modifications or upgrades, for example.

9. After you have done that, edit the information and add some of it to your forum Profile. You might be surprised how many members look at another member's profile, so I recommend that everyone put something in theirs as it helps people relate.

10. When your Profile contains some info on you and your boat, then add a line/link in your forum signature section that invites members to see your review about your boat, and there you could put a link to your review thread.

11. You can also upload some photos of your boat to a photo album focused on your boat that will be in your forum Profile page.

As that boat is not commonly found in the USA, I think your review of the boat (and photos) will help others here better appreciate that brand/mark and that boat too. And, over time I think you will find connections with other members who note your boat.

Building an awareness of the unusual is a good thing.

I learned about the OVNI line of boats from some mentions on this forum, but had to go offsite to really see the boats and to better appreciate their unusual (to USA) features. This will help others, and you too.

Good luck on your sailing adventures and have fun!

Steady
Steadman Uhlich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2015, 21:17   #5

Steady Hand, many thanks for your observations and yes I will do as you have suggested soon. I appreciate you taking the time to guide me thru this site.
Regards
Shaun
sv Fete Accomplie
Old 22-05-2015, 07:34   #6
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Oooops!

On second thought (or reading), when you start your title, don't word it exactly as I suggested above, because it may then seem as if Ted Brewer wrote the review.

Gotta remember syntax!!

Here is a different suggestion (your choice of course):

"Roughwater 45 Owner's Review. Designed by Ted Brewer"

This puts the boat make up front, clearly identifies it as an "Owner's Review" and then adds the Designers name (for those who know of him but may not know the Roughwater name).
Steadman Uhlich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruise, cruiser, rum