Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-10-2021, 20:07   #16

Re: Hi from NZ, finally a member...

Bienvenu Philippe,
Do not apologise your French background. My best crew mates have been French and Finnish.
I even had a professional French chef for a week in my cat in Whitsundays last year.
I am from Finland myself but left half lifetime ago.
I am electronics technician and worked for Nokia before I left Finland.
Designing things runs in the family and my motto is ; "If you can not buy it, you have to make it"!
I have couple ideas I am trying to get out there but patenting is not the way without adequate funding. So I am thinking of releasing plans as open source hardware.
New Zealand is a sailors paradise. But I rarely had the opportunity to do it as I was "married to pain" after my life changing parapente accident. I was never to walk again according to doctors but here I am in Tin Can Bay, Australia living full time on my sailing catamaran!
Whereabouts in New Zealand do you live?
There is a lot of French history in Akaroa. New Zealand would had better cuisine if your ancestors did manage to colonise New Zealand rather than British.
But lately the cuisine has caught up with rest of the World and cheese selection at shops is no longer just Colby, Mild and Tasty [emoji4]
Stellar1970Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2021, 21:16   #17

Boat: Nautitech 44.2

Bonjour Stellar1970Cat,
It sounds like we are on the same create-and-build-things we cannot buy. We will see where that TAO BMS will take us, but for now it is picking up some notoriety and sales are going up! I am playing with the idea of making the user interface part open sources, but I am concerned with the support requests it will generate...

We are in Bay of Islands and in 6 months we should head towards Australia. Bundaberg / Fraser is about where we would land. Lets keep in touch... I'll see if there is a facility to PM on the forum.
Philippe
Philtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2021, 00:48   #18

Boat: Outremer 55L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philtao View Post
Bonjour Stellar1970Cat,
It sounds like we are on the same create-and-build-things we cannot buy. We will see where that TAO BMS will take us, but for now it is picking up some notoriety and sales are going up! I am playing with the idea of making the user interface part open sources, but I am concerned with the support requests it will generate...

We are in Bay of Islands and in 6 months we should head towards Australia. Bundaberg / Fraser is about where we would land. Lets keep in touch... I'll see if there is a facility to PM on the forum.
Philippe

We’ll be coming back north in March so hopefully will meet up with you. Bundaberg is a good entry point and the beginning of the Great Barrier Reef.
fxykty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2021, 14:27   #19

Boat: Nautitech 44.2

It will be good to catch up. See you in a few months....
Philtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2021, 18:50   #20

Location: La Ciudad de la Misión Didacus de Alcalá en Alta California, Virreinato de Nueva España
Boat: Cal 20

Welcome
Adelie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags