Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-06-2018, 10:55   #1

Boat: TBD
Hi from Minnesota

I had a post ready to enter and the phone rang so I’ll start over.

I live in Inver Grove Hts which bordered the Miss. river.

After a lot of prep I’m at a point where I’m either going to do a live aboard or buy a piece of land in the woods and a big freezer box. Haha. Seriously I’m at a life changing point.

So boat wise. I’m not new to boats but I really am green to big boats. I can learn to handle one and I’m am engineer by trade as well as auto mech and tool maker so mechanically I can do what needs doing aboard within reason.

My choice of boat is 40-45 foot Sea Ray Sundancer. These are not as spacious as an aft cabin or tall boat but there will be plenty for me and my dog.

I couldn’t find the introduction thread at first so I did post on the livaboard thread regarding what to do with accumulated home stuff.

So far I found two boats in my area that would be excellent for us. So I’m going to ask a lot of questions about these boats and living aboard.

Here the boating season goes from April 1st to Oct 31st give or take a few days. Living aboard is pretty rare here due to the Miss. river freezing over. However I have found a couple marinas that have ice free slips. So next week I’m planning on visiting both to get details. So far slip costs are in budget.

Anyway short of writing a book as I usually do I’ll just say “HI” and hopefully we can be internet neighbors.

Byron
Bentwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2018, 12:17   #2
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Re: Hi from Minnesota

Howdy and Welcome Aboard CF!

In addition to this sub forum (Meets and Greets) look for the Powered forum here on this site too. It is focused on power boats for cruising.

In addition, I think the Trawler Forum site is excellent. It is a sister site to this one, with members who are in both.

Good luck with your boat hunt.
Steadman Uhlich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
minnesota