Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-10-2017, 06:05   #1

Boat: ask the judges!
Hello World!

Good day to all!

I am Peter, 51 years young, married with the wonderfull Skipper Anja, one dog (enjoys sailing). We are living in the south of Germany and Sailing for some years. I have joined the watersports community when I was working as a Windsurfing Instructor in the late 80th. From then, water was my world. But Sailing came pretty late. 8 years ago when we‘ve been guests on the SY Wylde Swan a wonderfull dutch two mast tall ship „racer“. We were infected!

After this little experience I bougt a 470 Dinghy. Yes, a bid crazy but it was fun. Refitted the 470 to a good state, sailed for about 30 times and sold it after one year.

Next boat was a Etap 21i. I spend lots of time sailing on a near lake and the same amount of time to refit the boat to a excellent state. We‘ve been to italy with the boat where we had some amazing weeks around the gulf of venice ant the Lagoon. After 3 years I thought about more S (Space, Speed, Sun) and put an add to sell the Etap. With the strong opinion it takes minimum one year to sell it :-). After 3 weeks the boat was sold with no financial loss. I don‘t count the working time but at the end it was a win win for both.

So the new boat was also selected some kind of fast. I allready was interested in
the model years ago when I bought the Etap. Lucky guy, one of the only 4 builds was listed within a portal and more luck, nearby. This was the biggest surprise. My wife and I checked it out. I checked my wifes face and bingo! First boat and strike! A Make 25. Spacious fast and beautifull for my taste. I had some more sporty alternatives in mind but all of them (Bente 24, Django 7.70) been some kind of unreasonable.

While sailing at our lake (4.5 x 2.5 km in size) or trailer the boat to the med sea we do charter and bare boat charter mainly at the Nordsee/Atlantic and Ostsee (GER/NL/FR).

In dry life I am working as a business consultant within the IT business. My wife is also in IT but within a bank as a project manager.

Plans? As this board is just for introduction I will start a new thread. So many things I am highly interested within the experiences of so many people here. I read the forum since two years and many of the members blogs are bookmarked :-)

Cheers!

Peter
Linguini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 09:32   #2

Boat: Ian Ross design ketch 63'
Re: Hello World!

Welcome to CF Peter -

It sounds like you're not afraid of adventure and that's always a good thing. I hope to hear of your adventures here.
redhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 09:34   #3

Boat: Privilege 39 Catamaran, Exit Only

Welcome aboard.
maxingout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 06:09   #4
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Peter.

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote