Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-07-2017, 04:55   #1

Boat: Derek Kelsall 52' Catamaran
Hello to all, and any suggestions?

Hello to all,

First and foremost, may I say I have followed the cruiser community for a while and this is a wonderful place to get honest information and advice.

We (the better half and I) are new this forum adn live in the UK (bristol/plymouth), and are in the interesting stages of looking for our next boat for our bigger travels to come..
The plan as it stands is to by an owner version catamaran (I expect booing and hissing or cheers , depending which side of the fence you may be).
Following alot of research we have narrowed our preference down to two boats the Mahe 36 or the Lavezzi 40.
We have been on and sailed a Mahe no problem and the other half loves it. I am concerned it will be alittle two small where load carrying capacity is concerned however (having added gens, aircon etc etc).
The issue we are having is we are strugglngi to find a Lavezzi in the uk or close enough to have a good look at without having to travel a long way.
So the question is does anybody know of any in the uk or clsoe that would be prepared to let us have a look at one, or possibly share their experience of owning a lavezzi?
Anything from a first hand point of view or that could get us a better appreciation of one would be great, otherwise we may be going on a holiday just to look at a couple in the med at great expense .

Thanks in advance and we look forward to being a part of the community.

ridingwaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 10:10   #2

Boat: 1962 Columbia 29 MK 1 #37
Re: Hello to all, and any suggestions?

Welcome aboard! Good luck in your search. You might try starting a thread about Lavezzis to get more info or try using the search function here too, you may find an old helpful thread.
1962 Columbia 29 MKI #37
Don C L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 13:32   #3

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop
Re: Hello to all, and any suggestions?

ridingwaves, welcome aboard CF to both you and your good lady.

We hope you find the boat that best suits you, and soon, too.

Ann