Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-07-2004, 20:24   #1

Boat: Grand Alaskan. 64'
Hello, I just registered

Hi everyone. This looks like a friendly site. We are Jane and Greg and have been boating for 18 years. We became summer liveaboards 13 years ago. When the kids got out of school for the summer then Jane would move aboard and I would commute for long weekends. Our house is 2 1/2 hrs away. Since we are in lake Michigan, we have to haul out and store on the hard for 6 months every year. This fall our youngest goes off to Purdue so Jane and I don't have to go "home". In fact we are heading for Chicago, then down river destined for someplace on the Tennessee River. We'll leave the boat there for the winter. After the kids graduate and are on their own we will eventually continue on to Florida where we purchsed a slip a few years back. Well thats the short version. I hope to learn from this site as well as contribute on occasion.

Thanks Greg
Greg B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 20:46   #2

Welcome aboard Matey. Unfortunately I can't tell from your profile if you are a go-fast or a blow-boat(I hate that term, by the way) I am a Sailor , not a power-boater. Lots of good people here & mega-info. Hope you enjoy your cruise through.
Old 08-07-2004, 05:28   #3

Send a message via AIM to fujiwara takumi Send a message via Yahoo to fujiwara takumi
i hate the winters here. kudos to you for following the geese.
fujiwara takumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 05:37   #4

Thanks for the welcome. I'm a stink potter, Trawler, 48' Jefferson. Bought Heart of Gold! in '98 in Ft Lauderdale and made a family summer adventure out of the trip back up to Lake Michigan. Boy that's a whole log book! Now Jane and I can't wait to get back down there only we'll be on the Gulf in the Venice area.

Greg
Old 10-07-2004, 06:07   #5
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Amanda Faye 61' Custom Irwin aftcockpit ketch
Hi Greg. We met in 92-93 at south Manitu island. We were in the Wood Chris*Craft "Lucinda". Do you still keep your boat in St Joe? Gunner
irwinsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 19:46   #6

Wow Gunner!! I'm impressed. That was back when we had the Trojan. I even asked Jane and she didnt remember but we were there. How on earth did you remember that? Yep we're still in St. Jo. Next weekend is venetian Come on down. There are two other boats Naughty Girl and HIgh Risk that are coming down from your place to be in the lighted boat parade. Jane has for years been kind of in charge of the blessing of the river parade and now this year she's in charge of the lighted boat parade too.
It's great fun. The one time every year that Dad "cuts loose"
Greg
Old 11-07-2004, 19:03   #7
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Bob of high risk and Bob from nautigirl are very good friends of mine. I was with both of them today. I would love to come down but as I understand the space on the wall is limited. My boat is 67' overall. If Jane can find space with Bob and Bob we would be happy to come. gunnerprins@hotmail.com
We are planing to cruise full time starting this fall. We will be moving to Florida to live on the boat. It would be great to see you both again.
Old 12-07-2004, 11:13   #8

Boy this internet sure has made the world smaller. 67' LOA! Wow, that sure made Jane cringe. She still has some other entrants to find places for . Give her a day more to work on it. None the less it'll be fun keeping in touch now. I'm surprised that you'd admit to knowing Bob and Bob. What they see in coming to this mayhem every year is beyond me but they're some fun folks. Don't believe even half of what they tell you goes on here either. They're some of the worst instigators.

Gonna be another Bloody Mary Breakfast.

Yeeeehaaa!!

Greg
Old 12-07-2004, 13:17   #9

Hey Gunner. Is that your boat - 04?
I'm something of a car nut myself. Is that a Caddy or maybe a Pontiac in the photo? You might just want to drive down for a visit on thursday evening. There is a huge car show. Just show up around 2 to 4pm. and enter your car. Its just a short walk from there to the wall where all the boats are parked and you can relax with us for a while. It'll be fun

Greg
Old 12-07-2004, 13:19   #10
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

I hate to think of all the lights I wil need to buy! But I think it would be worth it.
Old 12-07-2004, 13:30   #11
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

One of the pictures is with our 59 Cadillac and 67 Mustang. I thought about taking a car down there but I just do not have much interest in cars any longer. I am a boater! I do have a very nice 95 point 1959 Cadillac for sale!!!
Old 13-07-2004, 11:17   #12

Gunner

I've got a 74 Eldo Conv, 79 Checker Marathon, & 72 Checker Aerobus and three boats If you count the dingy and the sunfish and a Harley. The boats and Bike are my favorites. Anyway Jane says "What the hell, come on down" We'll try to find you some wall space but can't guarantee that we won't have someone raft off of you. But you do have to decorate. We'll have xtra lights but bring all you can find for that beast. We'll have jennys too if you need MORE POWER!!!! Just let me know as soon as you decide if your coming so we can work to find room. There's also a basin to anchor in if you prefer and you can use our dingy and our boat as a land base. Jane says go to http://venetian.org/boatform.html and sign up if you are coming so that we'll have all your data for the announcers and judges. I'll send an email to your personal email with my phone # so you can let me know if you're coming.

Sounds like a party brewing.

YEEEEHAAAAA

Greg
Old 13-07-2004, 13:13   #13
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

I'm signed up! We will leave thursday. I have no problem having other boats rafted off me as long as I'm on the wall first. See you and Jane there!!