Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-12-2021, 23:34   #1

Hello from the PNW.. Allow me to expose my ignorance :boat:

I went sailing with my father in a 40 Morgan Pilothouse Cutter in the tropics in the early 90s. Now I'm grown and getting by and looking to purchase a boat that I can enjoy with my son.

I am looking to moor the boat during the winter in the PNW somewhere between Seattle to Everett. This would allow me access to that area for friends and commerce during the winter time. However it looks difficult to find moorage for a large boat in the area. (>30 foot)

In the summers for the time being I'd like to keep it in the San Juans, as this is where I live during the year. I'd like a boat that I'd feel comfortable single handed, that allows comfortable accommodations for at least two. And that has the potential for larger voyages moving forward.

Currently I've been tempted by aluminum hulled boats and I also like the idea of a Catamaran. I have been looking at aluminum monohulls, which aren't too common at my budget in the USA.

I've also been interested in Catamarans due to the larger beam per length, thinking I might find easier moorage. One boat that caught my eye was the Heavenly Twin. Again an example of a boat not too common in the USA.

However I am not sure as the smaller slips seem to mention a width under the spec of the Twin. Since the boats I seem most interested in aren't common in my area, I am considering traveling to purchase a boat and sail and possibly truck it part way.

Anyhow thanks for reading my "stream-of-consciousness".
discord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2021, 00:53   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: Hello from the PNW.. Allow me to expose my ignorance :boat:

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, discord.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat