Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-07-2015, 08:34   #1

Hello from SWFL new to the community

Hey all, I am new to the forum. I really enjoy sailing and I am trying to get the wife involved in it. We were kicking around the idea of getting another boat in a few years. I am talking her into getting a sailboat instead of a motor boat. We are looking into something 43-50' I would like to sell our house in about 5 to 7 years and live aboard something newer. DO any of you live full time on your boat? Do you find that it gets cramped? I know this would depend on the size of the boat for obvious reasons. BUt I am looking for feedback from people with a 43' to 50' boat. We would go for the 2 cabin option just because we don't have kids, nor want them. We just have a small pom that is about 4 lbs.

We are looking to rent a boat for a week either at the end of this year or beginning of next year. another option would be to hook up with a couple already sailing and looking for company for a sail around the keys, we would be willing to help cover expenses. We are fun loving, easy going and enjoy good company. any help would be greatful. We would be willing to fly in to the Caribbean/ Bahamas. Im trying to break her in slow and show her a good time. we love fishing, snorkeling, and hanging around on the water.

Glad to be here and thank you for any advise given!
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2015, 10:23   #2

Boat: Gemini 105Mc 34'
Re: Hello from SWFL new to the community

Welcome aboard! We’ve cruised for many months at a time and never felt cramped in our 34’ catamaran…with 2 kitties, too; however, we always had a house, so never had to get rid of everything. Most cruisers get by with smaller boats than the 43-50’ range you’re considering…but it all depends on what’s comfy for you. Best of luck, and happy cruising!
Waterway Guide is offline   Reply With Quote