Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-02-2017, 10:45   #1

Boat: Silverton 422MY
Hello from NC

Hello everyone!

I'm from Wilmington, NC and we have a 2000 42 foot Silverton aft cabin. The boat was purchased in early December but just became seaworthy last week. Long story short, the right engine had to be replaced and it took about 2 months to do that. That, and the hull buffing, fiberglass repair, bottom painting, cleaning, it all accumulated into a long process.

Two weekends ago, the boat was seaworthy and ready to be moved to our marina. It was moved down on a nice sunny day and I docked it perfectly. I've had experience docking a 30 foot Sea Ray Sundancer and that helped me out a lot. I will say, a 42 foot motor yacht with gas engines requires a good 2 to 3 seconds of thinking ahead when docking or leaving the slip.

Anyway, we plan to go to downtown Wilmington for the Azalea Festival. If you're not familiar with this festival, it's one our city holds once a year to usher in the coming of Spring. We have celebrity concerts, a large parade, and our city has many events such as garden tours and historic home tours throughout the week of the festival. They even have women dress up as Victorian era belles and it adds an interesting historical touch to it.

So our plans are to break in that new right engine, then we plan to eventually venture down to Charleston and then to Florida and the Bahamas. Not regularly, maybe once or twice a year. From there, who knows!
pilot2fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2017, 13:55   #2

Boat: Cartwright 36 Cutter
Send a message via Skype™ to SVTwilight
Re: Hello from NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot2fly View Post
Hello everyone!

I'm from Wilmington, NC and we have a 2000 42 foot Silverton aft cabin. The boat was purchased in early December but just became seaworthy last week. Long story short, the right engine had to be replaced and it took about 2 months to do that. That, and the hull buffing, fiberglass repair, bottom painting, cleaning, it all accumulated into a long process.

Two weekends ago, the boat was seaworthy and ready to be moved to our marina. It was moved down on a nice sunny day and I docked it perfectly. I've had experience docking a 30 foot Sea Ray Sundancer and that helped me out a lot. I will say, a 42 foot motor yacht with gas engines requires a good 2 to 3 seconds of thinking ahead when docking or leaving the slip.

Anyway, we plan to go to downtown Wilmington for the Azalea Festival. If you're not familiar with this festival, it's one our city holds once a year to usher in the coming of Spring. We have celebrity concerts, a large parade, and our city has many events such as garden tours and historic home tours throughout the week of the festival. They even have women dress up as Victorian era belles and it adds an interesting historical touch to it.

So our plans are to break in that new right engine, then we plan to eventually venture down to Charleston and then to Florida and the Bahamas. Not regularly, maybe once or twice a year. From there, who knows!

Congratulations! Our dock neighbor has a Silverton 40 and it is big, comfy and solid!

Enjoy the cruise south. FL wx is very nice right now, so don't wait! :-)