Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-02-2015, 06:47   #1

Hello from my Pearson 10m

Hi,

Sailing has always been a dream for me and a far fetched one at that but last year my girlfriend broke down and bought me a 1978 Pearson 10m that we had looked at. She was fully intact with a full set of sails.
So the story begins.....before launch I had to overhaul the engine and she was in major need of buffing which polished up nicely after a month of weekends we launched her.I watched tons of videos on YouTube about sail trim and set out out on my maiden voyage "just around the corner and back lol" I sailed every weekend last summer and pretty much getting the hang of it kinda came natural I suppose. So the bad thing is she got a little scratched and banged up at the dock up on the hall in the very first nor easter of the season, the bigger issue is the sails were tore from the boat and destroyed, new ones on the way EXPENSIVE!!!!!......She is finicky and requires constant attention and minor repairs it really is a love hate relationship. But all I can do is think about her, where were going to go, the things we will see and what upgrades to do first......it's a tough thing between the wants and needs aspect.

I am sailing her from long island to baltimore this season Because it is just down right rediculously expensive to keep her in NY.A buddy of mine is coming along to help...so in preperation she will be getting all new running rigging, sails, a gps and a overhaul on the analog wing,speed depth instrumentation as well as various other maintenance and repairs.....

Now the bigger issue is I can-not find any original documents about this boat, such as standing rigging specs, owners manual.etc.

Thanks,
johnvsmithiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2015, 18:29   #2

Boat: Pearson 424
Re: Hello from my Pearson 10m

John:

Just purchased a 10M this past year, Hull # 108 1975. Doing major upgrades on electronics, installing mid boom traveler, adding radar etc.
home port now in atlantic highlands, plan on sailing her down ICW to Fla. this October.

Paul
pfucetola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2015, 19:30   #3

Hey Paul,

I'd like to know how that mid boom traveler works out.. I had the same thing in mind so I can fashion a dodger in place. More importantly at the moment, I am in desperate need of rigging specs especially the tensioning as I am dropping the mast for an overhaul on everything up top and installing the wedge replacement system from spar tite.

Shew why October ? I hear that's the worst time to sail south....

Sent from my SM-G900V using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
johnvsmithiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 08:02   #4

Boat: Pearson 424

try this link to Dan Phieffers site there is a lot of good info on it:P e a r s o n &nbsp&nbsp 1 0 M.

also yes its not a great sail south mostly beating head winds, but we will be going down ICW not much sailing anyway. will send pics on mid boom traveler bough a used one for $300 and cut it to fit the 10M will be installing as soon as weather allows, looking to fully enclose cockpit from bimini to dodger and add in side panels.

Paul
pfucetola is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pearson