Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-09-2022, 09:59   #16

Boat: Pearson Ariel
Re: Hello from Florida

CD28 - a dream boat for me. Back in high school, I drew that thing on every book I had while ignoring my teachers.

I agree with the 'keep the Volvo going as long as possible' sentiment. As a fellow Volvo owner/victim , here's a tip: shop for replaceable parts before you need them. Keep an occasional eye on eBay, Etsy, etc, for deals on things like impellers or water pump rebuild kits. From time to time they come up at half price compared to buying them from the 'regular' sellers online, so you won't have to pay full price$$$ if in a hurry.
Fair winds!
CapnK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2022, 13:49   #17

Boat: 1980 Endeavour 32
Re: Hello from Florida

Yeah, I could understand every piece and follow every electrical connection on the Volvo. It was just a wonderfully simple engine. I replaced the old control panel with a newer one that had a tach and ran all new wires to everything - all 7 of them ! A really good learning experience.

And yeah, Cape Dory 28, what a boat - everything you need and nothing you don't. I consider it the perfect boat for a solo sailor. Just get rid of the boom for the jib, you don't need that either, Lol. It's a real shin cracker and gets in the way of putting a dinghy on the foredeck.

Tags
florida