Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-01-2010, 12:58   #1

Boat: Princess V65
Hello from Croatia (Split)

Hello everyone,

my name is Lovor and I am sailing for long time, but just on our coast. In a moment I am captain on yacht Princess V65 which is also nice yacht but do not have sails. I was surfing on a net, trying to find some tehnical solution for boat and I find this nice forum. So, my wish was to become a member.

Once again,
best regards to all,

Lovor
lovor_vukovac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2010, 13:14   #2

Here You can see video of our strong wind Bura (NE). This video was record during a day and in a night before it was stronger for 50 knots, enjoy:
Old 21-01-2010, 14:04   #3

Boat: Cascade
Welcome!
Old 21-01-2010, 17:13   #4
Ram

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cat in the med & Trawler in Florida
Welcome Lovor and WOw that is a view from HELl what a blow, it looks much stronger than 50 knots more like 75 knots !! I sailed your country the year before last ! but never had winds more than 40 knots!
Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2010, 22:39   #5

during a day was aprox 70 knots and night before max catched on instruments 124 knots
Old 21-01-2010, 22:57   #6

question is when did you sailed?This was on 14.11.2004 and usually we do not have so bed weather in seasone. I can tell that in all seasone there is all together may be 3-4 times that Bura (NE) hit and she do not go more then 35 knots (45). And then you can just sit on top of the pear and watch charters boat how thay trying to go in the marina.Always intresting..
Lovor
Old 22-01-2010, 01:31   #7
Ram

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovor_vukovac View Post
question is when did you sailed?This was on 14.11.2004 and usually we do not have so bed weather in seasone. I can tell that in all seasone there is all together may be 3-4 times that Bura (NE) hit and she do not go more then 35 knots (45). And then you can just sit on top of the pear and watch charters boat how thay trying to go in the marina.Always intresting..
Lovor
I sailed from Venece , Italy then across to North of Zadar from there all the way thru your country stopping in many places ,2008 summer- here is a video of the Musical Sea organ and more
Old 22-01-2010, 02:01   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by king smith View Post
Hello! I am now planning a short summer holiday (6 days) to Croatia, I would like to go to a place where I can both enjoy of really beautiful beaches as well as go diving and see some nature reserves or parks... I was looking at some places like Dubrovnik and Split and some of the islands around them but since there are so many I am not too sure which would be the best place... Any suggestions??? Thanks a lot in advance
Well, I do not know do you want to charter the boat or rent a apartment.
So first solution if You rent a boat,best islands (my opinion)are in midlle of our coast: Brač, Hvar, Vis,Korčula (where is born hause of Marco Polo), Lastovo, Mljet., and you need a week to sail up them all. Second solution if You want to take apartment, my sugestion is rent it on Island Hvar, place Hvar. First day you can come with a airplane up to Split, visite town all day long and then with a ferry go to Hvar (4 ours). Hvar in a moment is top destination (in EU). In Hvar you have lots of turist boats and diving boats which are going on a one day trips. so on that way You can visite (try to find on Youtube) Vis - modra špilja, Brač - Bol - Zlatni rat, Hvar - palmižana, Ščedro , Jelsa. Also Hvar is famous for night clubs and partys, so if You want to have a fun...
Last day You can go from Split to Dubrovnik (5 ours with a bus) and with Dubrovnik visit Island Lokrum which is natures park and 5 minutes away from Dubrovnik.
In Dubrovnik You have airport so You can take airplane from there.
I hope that I will help You with my answer and that You may be can use it to make Your own plan.
Regards,

Lovor
Old 22-01-2010, 02:23   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
I sailed from Venece , Italy then across to North of Zadar from there all the way thru your country stopping in many places ,2008 summer- here is a video of the Musical Sea organ and more
My plan is in u future come down to visit Greece, I hear lots of stories, all good. Some of my friends been in Greece and they told that is so beautiful and you mast stay longer to visit everything.And that is always windy, like standard is 15 knots and big waves. Is this true? How like is a weather?

BR
Old 22-01-2010, 02:39   #10
Ram

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovor_vukovac View Post
My plan is in u future come down to visit Greece, I hear lots of stories, all good. Some of my friends been in Greece and they told that is so beautiful and you mast stay longer to visit everything.And that is always windy, like standard is 15 knots and big waves. Is this true? How like is a weather?

BR
It depends on many things- where in Greece you sail and what time of Year
In the Cyclades it can be very windy about 1/2 the time with winds 20-30+knots with 4-5 meter seas somtimes for weeks-then other times after the big wind we have no wind and no seas sometimes for weeks-in the Ionian its much less wind-easyer sailing!
This year I will be in Turkey all year, not in Greece!
Old 22-01-2010, 03:02   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by king smith View Post
Hello! I am now planning a short summer holiday (6 days) to Croatia, I would like to go to a place where I can both enjoy of really beautiful beaches as well as go diving and see some nature reserves or parks... I was looking at some places like Dubrovnik and Split and some of the islands around them but since there are so many I am not too sure which would be the best place... Any suggestions??? Thanks a lot in advance
Here You are few videos:
Split:
Vis - Komiža:
Vis - biševo:
Vis - biševo 2:
Hvar:
Hvar - Palmižana (to enjoy in peace):
Dubrovnik :
Old 22-01-2010, 03:33   #12

Location: Winter land based UK New Forest. Summer months away. Making the transition from sail to power this year - scary stuff.
Boat: Super Van Craft 1320 Power Yacht
Send a message via Skype™ to swagman
Hi all,
Lovor - thanks a lot on behalf of everyone who wants to know more about Croatia. We only spend 4 weeks sailing around from Dubrovnik to Kornati Islands in 2007 and aim to get back to spend a full year exploring. Great places, great people, great sailing.
King Smith - the itinery Lovor suggested to swing around twix Split / Hvar / Mijet / Dubrovnik is IMHO just about perfect if you've not visited before......enjoy.
Some picture (not as good as youtube clips but myabe helpful) on our blog back in July 2007.
Cheers
JOHN
Old 06-02-2010, 21:11   #13

Boat: 15 foot Canoe
Aloha and welcome aboard!
Your videos are wonderful!
Thank you,

Tags
Croatia