Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-03-2009, 12:58   #1

Hello from Atlanta

Hello, I have always wanted a sailboat as a kid. I hope to learn and buy one in the near future.

Thanks in advance.
Sailnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 14:41   #2
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 380, now sold
Welcome, Sailnoob. When you finally get your boat and start cruising, you'll need to change your name. Can be done--no problem.
Old 02-03-2009, 14:45   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hud3 View Post
Welcome, Sailnoob. When you finally get your boat and start cruising, you'll need to change your name. Can be done--no problem.
Thanks
Old 02-03-2009, 14:55   #4

Boat: Will be a 50' Cat
Hey Sailnoob... Glad to see another "dreamer"... I mean planner is in the Atlanta area... I hang out in Marietta when not elsewhere... What part of Atlanta do you hail from ...

cheers
capcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 15:00   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by capcook View Post
Hey Sailnoob... Glad to see another "dreamer"... I mean planner is in the Atlanta area... I hang out in Marietta when not elsewhere... What part of Atlanta do you hail from ...

cheers
House in Dunwoody and apt in Roswell! I used to go to school in Marietta transferred to GT. Glad to see another ATLien.

Are you close to getting your boat? If you get yours before I do, I would love to learn and help around.
Old 02-03-2009, 15:06   #6

Boat: Will be a 50' Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailnoob View Post
House in Dunwoody and apt in Roswell! I used to go to school in Marietta transferred to GT. Glad to see another ATLien.

Are you close to getting your boat? If you get yours before I do, I would love to learn and help around.

Ha, wish I had a house and apt when I was going to college, could have kept a girl in each place... as it was I had to use their places

Well that was many many moons ago, I WAS less than a year from getting the boat but that was BEFORE fall of '08 and TODAY... Now I don't know... trying to work out a plan B... so who knows... I have expensive taste so need to work on that part..

Cheers
capcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 15:03   #7

Boat: 15 foot Canoe
Aloha Noob,
Welcome aboard! This is a great place to learn. No one will criticize your questions (almost no one anyway) so you will not be embarrassed to ask. You may get many answers to the same question though so standby to make up your own mind.
I recommend learning to sail before buying a boat. Once you know more about what you want then the decision on what to buy becomes much easier.
Kind regards,
JohnL
SkiprJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 15:17   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiprJohn View Post
Aloha Noob,
Welcome aboard! This is a great place to learn. No one will criticize your questions (almost no one anyway) so you will not be embarrassed to ask. You may get many answers to the same question though so standby to make up your own mind.
I recommend learning to sail before buying a boat. Once you know more about what you want then the decision on what to buy becomes much easier.
Kind regards,
JohnL
Thanks for the warm welcome.

I have been on many different types of boats, sailboats are by far my favorite. Yes, I still need to learn the fundamentals of sailing.
Old 03-03-2009, 15:21   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by capcook View Post
Ha, wish I had a house and apt when I was going to college, could have kept a girl in each place... as it was I had to use their places

Well that was many many moons ago, I WAS less than a year from getting the boat but that was BEFORE fall of '08 and TODAY... Now I don't know... trying to work out a plan B... so who knows... I have expensive taste so need to work on that part..

Cheers
I feel ya, I tend to buy top of the line things on whatever toys I buy. It has taken a toll, lost a lot of money this way. I hope I can make an educated, logical choice when it comes to buying my first boat. lol