Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-01-2007, 09:04   #1

Boat: Seapearl 21 Tri, Telstar 28 Tri
Hello From A Trailer Sailor

It's great to find a new forum. I feel a little out of place here, as I'm not a cruiser and don't plan on being one anytime soon. My basic interest is trailer sailing. Presently, I'm the proud owner of two sailboats that spend most of their time on their trailers when I'm not sailing one. One is a 21' Seapearl trimaran and the other one is a Telstar-28 that is also a trimaran. My home port is Havana, FL. a small town about 10 miles north of Tallahassee and 10 miles south of Georgia. Although I'm not planning on cruising or living aboard, I do enjoy reading stories from others who are living out their life long dreams. Also, I see a forum dedicated to multihulls. Although my boats are small compaired to most live aboards, I hoping to learn a thing or two from the masters.
Regards
Terry
TerryP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2007, 10:20   #2

Boat: 15 foot Canoe
Aloha Terry,
Welcome aboard!! I'm not familiar with your boats but they sound like they are fast and fun. My club has a West Wight Potter 19 monohull on a trailer and it has been a great source of pleasure for us here.
Hope you enjoy the forum as much as I do.
Kind Regards,
JohnL
SkiprJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2007, 10:23   #3
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Hartley Tahitian 45ft. Leisure Lady
You don't have to be a cruiser to be welcome here. And it doesn't matter what size boat you have. As long as it floats....on occasion, that's all the requirements you need for a boat. But then, you don't need a boat to be here either.

For God so loved the world..........He didn't send a committee.
Alan Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2007, 12:05   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Boat: Gozzard 36
Send a message via Skype™ to Pblais
Quote:
But then, you don't need a boat to be here either.
Sums it up pretty well. You just have to want to be here. Play by the rules and don't make a mess is about all there is to it.
Pblais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2007, 20:43   #5

Boat: MacGregor 26M Lynx
I have a MacGregor 26M. A nice boat to do a little cruising with. It all depends on what you really need and want to overcome cruising.

Welcome.
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2007, 03:44   #6

Trailer Sailor

I am also a trailer sailor. Precision 23. I also wondered if I was in the right place, but with such a wealth of information I knew I was.
96 P-23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2007, 05:16   #7

Boat: Islander Freeport 38C, " Bristol 29.9, "Rag Time"
I'm also new to the Foum and have only made one rather insignificant posting though I'm now spending quite a bit of reading time absorbing other posted thoughts and information.

My wife and I are now living on an older 37' Egg Harbor which we bought in October, and though we only recently came back off the land we're really happy to be back on board. Of course, we're wrestling with the usual renovations and maintenance, but that's to be expected. Funny how the size of a boat means little. I've sailed and cruised on sizes from 21' to 38' both sail and power and lived aboard three times. Each was an exciting experience with both good and bad times. So far this one is mostly good.

Thanks for putting together a great venue for sharing thoughts about that which we love. I guess we really did evolve from the water.
BoatTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2007, 06:03   #8

Boat: Seapearl 21 Tri, Telstar 28 Tri
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 P-23
I am also a trailer sailor. Precision 23. I also wondered if I was in the right place, but with such a wealth of information I knew I was.
Our first sailboat was a seapearl that I had converted to a trimaran by the factory. I still have the seapearl and it's now my primary day sailor. The seapearl just didn't have the comforts or space that we required for extended stays on board. So, back a few years ago, I bought a used fixer-up. It was a 1988 Precision P-23 mono that needed some TLC. The P-23 was a great sailing boat with plenty of space in the cabin. After breaking in on a tri, my wife Dawn, just couldn't get used to the heeling and I didn't like the extended rigging time the P-23 required, so that's when we bought a ComPac Eclipse, thinking that smaller would be better. Big mistake! the boat was easier to setup and it did sail flatter. But after a couple of long wk. end trips it was obvious to both of us that we didn't have enough room on the Eclipse. I had a test sail on the Telstar at the Miami boat show back in 2005 and really liked the boat. Dawn had stayed home that year and didn't go to Miami with me. In 2006 I coaxed her to go to the Miami boat show and the rest is history. We came back home, talked it over, put the ComPac on the market, and ordered a Telstar.
TerryP is offline   Reply With Quote