Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-12-2012, 12:22   #1

Hello all :)

My name is Brad and I am a 19 year college student from Michigan.
I've started to take an interest in sailing and I really look forward to learning more about it.

Just wanted to stop by and introduce myself.
BradleyWayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 13:19   #2

Boat: Van der stadt, Offshore 8, 26fot
Re: Hello all :)

Ahoy there Brad. Good to see that you take an interest in sailing. I'm a sailor from Norway, fairly green sailor as I have only sailed for 2 years. I wish I started earlyer! "I'm exactly 10 years older than you." Embrace the adventure sailing gives you, it last's a life time.

Good to have you aboard, I have only been on this forum a short time and they have greeted me with open arms.

Calm seas
Fear winds
&
Clear skies.
SY-Headwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 13:31   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SY-Headwind View Post
Ahoy there Brad. Good to see that you take an interest in sailing. I'm a sailor from Norway, fairly green sailor as I have only sailed for 2 years. I wish I started earlyer! "I'm exactly 10 years older than you." Embrace the adventure sailing gives you, it last's a life time.

Good to have you aboard, I have only been on this forum a short time and they have greeted me with open arms.

Calm seas
Fear winds
&
Clear skies.
Well it's nice to meet you! I'm really looking forward to getting into it. Might even if see if I can't my dad on board as I think that would be an enjoyable father-son experience!

Thanks for the words of advice!
Old 08-12-2012, 15:38   #4

Boat: 15 foot Canoe

Aloha and welcome aboard!
Good to have you aboard! I always recommend a basic sailing course for those who are new. If you had one before than start with the library where there is a whole bunch or reading and local sailing clubs will put you in touch with other sailors.
Little early to recommend you walk the docks at the local marina. You'll have to wait for that. How about your college. Do they have a sailing program?
kind regards,
Old 09-12-2012, 00:00   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiprJohn View Post
Aloha and welcome aboard!
Good to have you aboard! I always recommend a basic sailing course for those who are new. If you had one before than start with the library where there is a whole bunch or reading and local sailing clubs will put you in touch with other sailors.
Little early to recommend you walk the docks at the local marina. You'll have to wait for that. How about your college. Do they have a sailing program?
kind regards,
Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm looking into sailing courses of some sort and it appears they won't be starting up for a while because I'm from Michigan and its pretty chilly up here during the winter months! I'm currently trying to read as much as I can about sailing and the lifestyle. I've got a couple books, and of course the Internet and is an incredible resource!

I'm looking into seeing what my college has to offer. I heard a rumor that they offered some sort of sailing class but I'd have to look into it more to be certain. I really look forward to learning more about it and just embracing the lifestyle. However I am a bit young so we'll see where the future takes me!

Thanks again for the post!
Old 09-12-2012, 06:29   #6
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Brad.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote