Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-08-2015, 18:04   #1

Boat: Pacific Seacraft Flicka 20/Jack Helms 24
Hello...

Hello my name is George,and i live in Augusta Ga.Sailing is all i do, and think about.I have only been learning to sail for about a year.I do most of my sailing at lake Thurmond Ga, and some AICW. I've been taking classes in St.Simons Ga, and Charleston SC. (ASA 101,103,104,105 ) I have a Helms 24 that i sail regularly, and a flicka that im trying to bring back to life and live my dream of doing some distant sailing.I am happy to meet everyone, and meet new friends....George.
georgemci102a2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2015, 18:10   #2

Re: Hello...

A Flicka? Lucky man. Good luck on the restoration.

Sent from my XP7700 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
FamilyVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2015, 18:21   #3

Thank you.Just working on her slowly to not take away from the one that im sailing.
Old 14-08-2015, 02:33   #4
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, George.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2015, 02:37   #5

Boat: Bieroc 36 foot Ketch

Welcome to CF George.
Rustic Charm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2015, 05:15   #6

Boat: Gemini 105Mc 34'

Welcome aboard, George!
Waterway Guide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2015, 09:21   #7
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgemci102a2 View Post
Hello my name is George,and i live in Augusta Ga.Sailing is all i do, and think about.I have only been learning to sail for about a year.I do most of my sailing at lake Thurmond Ga, and some AICW. I've been taking classes in St.Simons Ga, and Charleston SC. (ASA 101,103,104,105 ) I have a Helms 24 that i sail regularly, and a flicka that im trying to bring back to life and live my dream of doing some distant sailing.I am happy to meet everyone, and meet new friends....George.
Howdy George, and Welcome Aboard CF!

I too would like a Flicka 20. Nice boats. Always catch my eye.

Since you are new to this forum, let me mention a few things you might miss but that could help you more enjoy your time here:

WIKI
Take a look at the Cruising WIKI that is found via the tab up on the top menu bar of the forum. It has a LOT of information in it you might find fun, interesting, or helpful.

Looking for Quick Answers?

This is the best and fastest method I have found to the answers I seek here.
Since you are relatively new to the forum, here is my favorite friendly forum search tip: Look at the green menu bar on the forum pages for the drop down "Search" menu. Click on that to drop down a list of search functions. From that drop down menu select the GOOGLE CUSTOM search feature (the second box down) and then enter several different descriptive terms for your topic of interest. That will do a Custom google search of ONLY this site and it is likely to find answers to your questions or results for you. Note: this is different from using the regular forum search box or field. Also note, this is NOT found if you use the CF app. It IS found if you use a web browser such as Safari, etc.
Steadman Uhlich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2015, 10:34   #8

Boat: Belliure Endurance 35
Send a message via Yahoo to DaveC

Hi George.

When I was young I learned to sail on a Flicka 20 that my grandfather owned. I really miss that boat, and I remember my grandfather was always getting complements on it. That was almost 40 years ago. Although it was small, it was a rugged little boat. A great boat to restore.

Dave
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2015, 17:49   #9

Thank all for the great welcome to the CF. I really like Forums, and the friendships that come from them.I learned some time ago, the vast amount of information, and knowledge contained in them. Archives and the search option is usually where i go first before starting a ( question ) topic. Most topics have already been covered at least a few times before,and members have already spent many hours of their time to help, and explain things to us/me with questions. I promise not to start any topics like,is steel better than fiberglass, how much money does it take to be a cruiser, can i sail across the pacific on a trash can lid Thanks again for the welcome...George.
Old 14-08-2015, 18:06   #10

Boat: OEM, proportional

G'day George,

Welcome aboard! You can't sail two boats at once, and the Flicka is plainly superfluous to your needs. I'll gladly relieve you of the burden...

Old 14-08-2015, 18:13   #11

G,day...Might trade ya for yer Tom Thumb 26 ...I see you are in Germany.I lived there a couple of times
Old 14-08-2015, 18:44   #12

Boat: OEM, proportional

If you call it livin'.....

On the plus side, it is The Land of Beer, Buxom Blondes, and no speed limits on the many good bits of road.

On the minus, I'm 12 days forced march from the sea; it is also The Land of Bureaucracy, and worst of all being in a foreign county, it's swarming with blinking foreigners!

Quote:
I promise not to start any topics like,is steel better than fiberglass, how much money does it take to be a cruiser, can i sail across the pacific on a trash can lid
Good, we can cut to the chase and argue about anchors, batteries, sailing rigs and nav gear. I take it you too virulently abhor those heretics, the multihullers? Good, we've got them on the run; one final push through the mud and blood to the green fields beyond!