Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-08-2006, 22:14   #16
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Hartley Tahitian 45ft. Leisure Lady
Yeah and we done got elaktricity and a new fandangled thing called a Telephone. Oh and we don't wear Grass skirts anymore. A lot can happen in nearly 40yrs Mike ;-)

For God so loved the world..........He didn't send a committee.
Alan Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 22:31   #17
Kai Nui

Yep, sounds like progress to me (sigh).No grass skirts and topless native girls? Well, I guess I will have to take it off my list
Old 08-08-2006, 22:47   #18

Boat: H28
Well... actually..part of so called progress is that there are now quite a lot of topless girls, on the beach anyway..
Chrisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 23:45   #19
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisc
Well... actually..part of so called progress is that there are now quite a lot of topless girls, on the beach anyway..
Hmmm... Be there in 10
GMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 08:17   #20

Boat: Viking 33 Tanzer 8.5m Tanzer 22
For the Kiwis

My brother is in Brownes Bay which is just North of Auckland. His boat is there somewhere, I think on a mooring buoy near Birkenhead. It's a Lotus 10.6. We both played for Suburbs in Avondale. I was walking near the beach at Mount Manganui in 1955, and a new black 55 Chevrolet came up the road. It was the only car on the road. Turned out it belonged to a taxi driver friend from Auckland who had just bought it. He took us for a ride. Very cool. Over here last weekend I cruised by the nudie beach to show the new crew where it is. Bikinis 50% off are always exciting, but there are still the few places where folks are starkers. Rent on the house in the Mount was about $3- per week in 1968. We split it about four ways. The most expensive item at the Chinese restaurant in Tauranga was 55 cents.
The Sally Anne would sing and ring there bells downtown on Friday nights. I would leave my dog ( tri colour border collie DB ) to sit and listen while I went accross the street to the pub. A cargo ship always seemed to run aground close to Christmas and put up a bunch of lights. The logging trucks from the state forests in Murupara ran 24 hours a day into the port at Mount Manganui. Thursday was fight night at the pub in the Mount. The beach was okay for surfing but not as good as Waihi or Whangamata sp? Tairua is one of the prettiest bays anywhere. I may come and visit the winter.
Michael
BC Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 12:31   #21
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Hartley Tahitian 45ft. Leisure Lady
I was on a beach in Moorea Tahiti quite a few years back. There were some very lovely sights, unfortunately spoilt every now and then by the odd 70year old topless. But the real put off was some guy in his late 50's to early 60's with the big hairy chest, Gold necklace and pot belly hanging over a a skimpy G-string. A real wannabe playboy. Arrrrgh my eyes. It's still etched in my mind today some 18yrs later. I can't remeber any of the nicer sights because of that vision.

For God so loved the world..........He didn't send a committee.
Alan Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 23:04   #22
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Wheeler
I was on a beach in Moorea Tahiti quite a few years back. There were some very lovely sights, unfortunately spoilt every now and then by the odd 70year old topless. But the real put off was some guy in his late 50's to early 60's with the big hairy chest, Gold necklace and pot belly hanging over a a skimpy G-string. A real wannabe playboy. Arrrrgh my eyes. It's still etched in my mind today some 18yrs later. I can't remeber any of the nicer sights because of that vision.
SNAP but in Bora Bora. Very ugly and damn loud site. Damn near put me off my Bloody Marys.

How spooky is that and no I'm not stalking you Wheels....not yet anyway

If your ever on the main island go to Venus Point (I think it's called that, where Ctp Cook did something interesting). Lots of EU blood mixed with local and a serious shortage of clothing. Now that is a spot to spend some time observing the local wildlife
GMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2007, 23:21   #23

Boat: Lotus 10.6
Dried prunes......yuk!!
seafox is offline   Reply With Quote