Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-06-2013, 19:05   #16

Re: Greetings from Colorado

Check out sailing on lake dillon! Thats in summit county where a couple of folks are from. Its fun, I sailed there when I lived in minturn. Watch out for the police boat though, they hand out DUIs like crazy. Also if you have a cartoppable boat and a 4x4 you can go up to the dam downvalley from leadville once the snow has melted off the road. It might be snow free now, might not. There's never anybody there and its lovely as well, though smaller than lake dillon. There's some other big lakes around, never went to any other ones though. If anyone ever wants to visit vail/beaver creek for cheap, the turntable hotel in minturn is $35/night. Very basic, but far cheaper than anything else. TV in the room costs extra If you want something nice, agreeing to go on a 1.5 hr timeshare tour (and going on it) can get you a sweet room at the Westin for $100, depending on occupancy. Dont buy a timeshare though... And when they ask, yes you do make more than 75k/yr, and have a job that sounds believable for that. Stating otherwise will mess up the deal. The staff there is awesome. We were #1 in North America when I worked there and not being able to eat at the restaurant there makes me sad. Also, going on a timeshare tour at starwood properties can get you 25k skymiles, it only takes 1.5 hrs, and they'll give you cookies or something and drinks.
edvol44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2013, 20:17   #17

Boat: 15 foot Canoe
Re: Greetings from Colorado

Aloha and welcome aboard!
Hope you can find some water to sail in.
kind regards,