Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-11-2010, 06:20   #1

Boat: FP Orana 44, VIDIMUS
pirate Greetings from a Landlocked Country

I have been a passionate reader of the Cruisers Forums for years but decided to join the community now, as I believe my real active cruising life will start soon, next year, when I go to pension. I have been sailing on Lake Balaton (Hungary) for 4 decades and started my sea sailing excercises on the Adriatic ten years ago. Since then I have collected cca 10k nm, sailing my yachts from La Rochelle (France) to the Adria twice plus doing lots of trips in Croatia, Montenegro, Italy during the short summer holidays. Earlier I had a Beneteau 523 that I changed to my present FP Orana 44 scat, called VIDIMUS. As the number of my grandchildren will grow to 7 this December (and hopefully he will not be the last one) I needed more and more space. (And frankly speaking I fell in love with cats on a two weeks Caribbean tour). My main goal is to make sailors , or at least sea lovers out of all my grandchildren. And as I will have more time for cruising from next year on I want to discover the islands in Greece, the seashore in Turkey, visit Malta, Tunis, Sicily, Lipari, Balearic islands again and then in 2012 from the Canary Islands cross the Atlantic and spend a few good years in the Carebbian.
scatistvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 06:50   #2

Boat: Rhodes Reliant 41ft
Welcome scatistvan.

Your comment about your grandchildren is the same reason I am hanging on to Bluestocking. 8,7 and 4 yrs old.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:51   #3
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatistvan View Post
I have been a passionate reader of the Cruisers Forums for years but decided to join the community now, as I believe my real active cruising life will start soon, next year, when I go to pension. I have been sailing on Lake Balaton (Hungary) for 4 decades and started my sea sailing excercises on the Adriatic ten years ago. Since then I have collected cca 10k nm, sailing my yachts from La Rochelle (France) to the Adria twice plus doing lots of trips in Croatia, Montenegro, Italy during the short summer holidays. Earlier I had a Beneteau 523 that I changed to my present FP Orana 44 scat, called VIDIMUS. As the number of my grandchildren will grow to 7 this December (and hopefully he will not be the last one) I needed more and more space. (And frankly speaking I fell in love with cats on a two weeks Caribbean tour). My main goal is to make sailors , or at least sea lovers out of all my grandchildren. And as I will have more time for cruising from next year on I want to discover the islands in Greece, the seashore in Turkey, visit Malta, Tunis, Sicily, Lipari, Balearic islands again and then in 2012 from the Canary Islands cross the Atlantic and spend a few good years in the Carebbian.
Welcome to CF.... my very first boat came from your country... a Magyar 7.... strip planked pine on oak frames.... a great sail..
Hope you enjoy the forum half as much as I enjoyed that boat....

It was a dark and stormy night and the captain of the ship said.. "Hey Jim, spin us a yarn." and the yarn began like this.. "It was a dark and stormy night.."
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 18:05   #4

Boat: In the hunt again, unknown
Welcome to CF! Seems like you have found your way to the sea!
Khagan1227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2010, 13:35   #5

Boat: 15 foot Canoe
Aloha and welcome aboard!
kind regards,