Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-04-2007, 08:18   #1

Greeting and Salutations

My name is Kim Callis and live in Playas del Rosarito, BC, Mexico. I live with my wife, 14 year old daughter and (soon to be) 2 year old son. I design internet based phones systems (basically removing old PBX systems and at the same time removing dependency on the phone system), and my wife work in San Diego for a large banking institution.

Prior to getting married 4 years ago, I used to be a full time sailer. In the sense of being out on the water as often as I possibly could. Add a wife and kids and somehow that full time, slowly becomes part, and eventually no time for sailing.

But the sea is a strong mistress and I find myself turning to her once again to renew my affair with her. Fortunately, in the case, my wife is not over opposed to a menage a toi and if looking at join in, since I was able to whet her appitites prior to us getting married.

I have in my old age become somewhat retro in my interests. I guess reading Slocum has be pining for the simply life and the simple ways. So I find myself look at the Bruce Roberts designed Spray and hoping that I will get an opportunity to aquire some like that.

In the meantime, I will start becoming active again in my sport, and start building up my knowledge base, so that I am ready to make the leap. If you are a ham radio operator, you can give a shout out to KG6UFN or my wife KG6VUH. If anyone is a former Marine (as in US Marine), by all means say hello!

Thanks for taking the time to read my rambling!

K.
kcallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 02:41   #2

Location: Winter land based UK New Forest. Summer months away. Making the transition from sail to power this year - scary stuff.
Boat: Super Van Craft 1320 Power Yacht
Send a message via Skype™ to swagman
Welcome K,
Hope you enjoy the site and hearing as you guys progress your dreams.
JOHN