Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-03-2018, 23:17   #1

Boat: none yet!
Good day from Vermont!

Guess I should post something here as well.

Name is Steve, from northern Vermont. I plan on taking lessons this summer on Lake Champlain, then playing/learning over the next 2-3 years. I hope to then pick something in the 30-35 foot range, head down the ICW, then the Caribbean to start.

New to sailing, but like learning. Have retired from the military, done IT for years, now in law enforcement. Have done radio as a hobby and emergency medicine and emergency services as well. Have experience flying small aircraft, motorcycles, and traveled to/through 47 of our 48 lower states.

Married for 24 years (2nd time), with 8 adult children and 21 grandkids terrorizing the country (mostly Vermont & Montana!). Most would probably comment that I want sailing to gain peace & quiet!

Hope to see you on the blue.
SkeeterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2018, 07:34   #2

Boat: Sea Ray Laguna 16 Gemini 105M
Re: Good day from Vermont!

Hi Steve.
I grew up in northern VT and still have a soft spot in my heart for the green mountains. I'm choosing the sea now, but oh will I miss the mountains.

Good luck with your cruising plan. What kind of boat are you looking for?
knobhdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2018, 08:23   #3

Boat: none yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knobhdy View Post
Hi Steve.
I grew up in northern VT and still have a soft spot in my heart for the green mountains. I'm choosing the sea now, but oh will I miss the mountains.

Good luck with your cruising plan. What kind of boat are you looking for?
Hello! I'm not sure what I'm looking for at this time. As I said, I plan on taking lessons on Lake Champlain this spring/summer, then plan/learn for a couple years before heading south.

I may end up buying something to learn with, say 24-27 feet. Perhaps the third year and for heading south, I'll move up to a 30-35 foot.

I'm over in the "Kingdom", buy the way. St. Johnsbury.

Steve
SkeeterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2018, 09:24   #4

Boat: Sea Ray Laguna 16 Gemini 105M

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkeeterJ View Post
Hello! I'm not sure what I'm looking for at this time. As I said, I plan on taking lessons on Lake Champlain this spring/summer, then plan/learn for a couple years before heading south.

I may end up buying something to learn with, say 24-27 feet. Perhaps the third year and for heading south, I'll move up to a 30-35 foot.

I'm over in the "Kingdom", buy the way. St. Johnsbury.

Steve
That's funny. I grew up in the Northeast Kingdom. I'm learning on a 16' sea ray, or at least thats the plan. It as a free boat, which means it's a project boat. Like it goes.
knobhdy is offline   Reply With Quote